The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Liekised Derfack Ijusplay

Share great levels you've made or played.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Liekised Derfack Ijusplay

Post by SirWrek »

Hey folks. It's been awhile since I've actually posted about a level I've created, but I figured I may as well start with this one. I created a level a long while ago called Derfack Ijusplay, which can also be found under my creations. Basically this is a much more elaborate sequel in a cavern. But get this- it also features a gigantic castle inside said cavern. And lots of treasure. And a long time limit. And little to no jump capabilities. And a pretty challenging task of collecting what seems like a mere 500 points before finding the finish. Are you up for it?

Here's a sneak peek at the layout of the level back when it was in its basic stages. But all in all, I hope you all will enjoy yourselves and my puzzles, platforming, and design. I've created a few new levels the past few weeks after not having touched Atmosphir in well over a year. So hopefully this peace offering will be acceptable.

As of now the leaderboards are as follows, and although the only true incentive I can give you for playing is that you'll earn the customary amount of atmos doled out by XP tagged levels, I do hope you will try your hand at this challenge.

Leaderboard:

1. (Me) 23468
2. --
3. --
ThatOneFox

Re: Liekised Derfack Ijusplay

Post by ThatOneFox »

I see you've adopted the baufritz level naming scheme of smashing face into keyboard and posting the results
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Essentially. It's my mockery of conventional design. It started with "Dafuq did I just Play?" and went from there lmao.
Doctor Pie
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Doctor Pie »

Oh hey this level
I tried to play it but when I got 200 points I got stuck
forever
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

ThatOneFox wrote:I see you've adopted the baufritz level naming scheme of smashing face into keyboard and posting the results
Hey I'm trying

I managed to get 375 points, but some platforming parts were definitely too hard for me...
Nevertheless, solid level, my friend! I like how you're sticking to the grid, using freeplacing rarely but still making compelling environments.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Thanks Baufritz. I like to throw in a few free placed props or landscapes every now and then, but also retain classic form and simply rotate objects but not so often freely placing them. Call it what you will, that's probably my go-to when it comes to designing environments by now haha.

A note on difficulty in collecting treasure or for platforming:

I've purposely made this level pretty open actually in the way you can go about collecting certain coins. Although the interior of the castle is pretty much set in the path you must travel in order to collect the necessary points, the exterior landscape can be tackled one of several different ways. The platforming is at times difficult, thanks to our vertically challenged players due to low jump value. But while there are a few red herring coins along the way that are nigh impossible to get, you can collect over 1000 points worth of treasure if you approach the level the right way and make fairly good use of time. Twenty minutes seems like a long time in a level with no real hazards, yet it's a challenge to collect the necessary 500 points alone.

If you can ascend to the top of the predominately muka block-made structure, there may be a little present waiting there to be used elsewhere in the level that makes the point-based constraints easier to manage...