The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

[Small16] Papaya's Treasure Seeker

Share great levels you've made or played.
papaya
Design Competitions Voted: 1

[Small16] Papaya's Treasure Seeker

Post by papaya »

At long last, the sequel to my magnum opus is out. A whopping 4 weeks in development (literally the entire month of February), this is easily my best level yet.

Features:
[*]Over 10k in Treasure to collect! - and thats not just in 900 coin pieces. There's small treasures scattered all around, as well as some high value goodies for those who delve deep enough.

[*]11 Achievements - Carrying on from the unique feature of my last level, there are 11 achievements (4 bronze, 4 silver, 3 gold) which will give you a boost of up to 5k points!! And whats more, these are all definitely achievable in a single run, making the maximum score obtainable somewhere in the 20k region (including lives remaining)

[*]A whole half-hour's worth of content! - Yep, I timed myself and knowing the level completely I was able to collect EVERYTHING within half an hour. In a 25x25x25 area! With only ONE puzzle explicitly involving moving platforms and only ONE involving physics blocks! This is pure platforming, baby.

[*]But also, a set of three super easy to complete objectives! - This is a find the finish flag level, and there are three ways to beat it. One involves finding an explosive and blowing up a way out, another involves finding a keycard, and the third is a secret! All three will lead you to a teleporter to the achievements room. So yes, unlike the prequel, this IS possible to fail. But, the objectives are super simple. It took me only two minutes to complete one of them, so the level is in fact beatable in under two minutes!

[*]Lore! - Believe it or not, there IS a backstory to this level! You can piece it together yourself through various thoughts and notes you will find around the level. Use your imagination a bit, because there are some descriptive info stickers around that will hopefully immerse you in the world a little longer.

[*]Every inch explorable! - Not a single block has been placed (well, besides the walls) without the intention of you somehow climbing on top of or around it. This level is PACKED with secrets, and I mean seriously packed. I can't even remember them all myself! Every single block has a purpose (and ok some of those purposes again are just being walls and ceilings) but no block has been placed randomly, I assure you!

[*]No Music! - woops, I just realised I forgot to include music. No big deal, here are some alternate tunes to listen to while you play instead.

Screenshots!

Stuck?
Here's a little step by step guide to beating the level through the Bomb Objective if you get stuck. I will leave the other two objectives a secret. See if you can figure them out!
Spoiler
1. First, unlock the door at the start. You can do this by jumping into the room with the purple light above it.
2. Then, go through the door and out into the cave.
3. At the other end of the side you're on, there will be a ramp down and a bunch of containers. Collect the wrench inside the open one.
4. Go into the temple itself, and jump on top of the larger metal crate in the far corner of the first room.
5. Collect the bomb that spawns, then retrace your steps and return to the starting room.
6. Look for the vent in the floor thats been removed, jump down and go to the hole in the right across the bridge.
7. You'll see a breakable block. Use the bomb to blow it up!
8. Step on the teleporter and be taken to the finish flag.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Re: [Small16] Papaya's Treasure Seeker

Post by SirWrek »

Dammit Paps. Now I have to choose between you, Fox, Phantom, Baufritz, and Fisheh for top threes to vote for. :3
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Re: [Small16] Papaya's Treasure Seeker

Post by Baufritz »

I've seen few people use the industrial blocks and props that well. Props to you.