The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Screenshot Issues

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Screenshot Issues

Post by Baufritz »

When I click "upload", it takes me to the screenshot thingy, which is fine. What irritates me is that it moves to a random location on the grid, and since the grid is so big, I can't find the level anymore...
Does that happen to you guys?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

No. For me it just moves straight to the start flag.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I think, I'm not sure but I think, when you click upload it takes you to the center of the grid? I've had that happen to me before, and sometimes I like to design my levels at the very bottom of the world (so when you fall off you don't have to fall 10 seconds).

I think the 1000x1000x1000 grid was a little premature, some sort of minimap is very necessary in design mode because most levels are literally 99.999% whitespace.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Entity wrote: I think the 1000x1000x1000 grid was a little premature, some sort of minimap is very necessary in design mode because most levels are literally 99.999% whitespace.
Oh my god this. It's sooo easy to get lost while designing and it can be a pain to find your level again. At least some sort of checkpoint thing would be nice while designing. Press the button, grabs the location of the camera, adds it to a list. You can navigate away and you click on a little checkpoint button corresponding to where you want to go, and boom.

Can't really make this happen though without access to the game :P
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Entity wrote:I think, I'm not sure but I think, when you click upload it takes you to the center of the grid?
I don't know, but sometimes I'm just out at the edge of the grid...need to check that.

I generally start designing my levels on the floor that the design editor goes to by default.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

bionicnacho wrote:Oh my god this. It's sooo easy to get lost while designing and it can be a pain to find your level again. At least some sort of checkpoint thing would be nice while designing. Press the button, grabs the location of the camera, adds it to a list. You can navigate away and you click on a little checkpoint button corresponding to where you want to go, and boom.
This this and this.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: