The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Clicking Items Does Nothing

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Clicking Items Does Nothing

Post by ElectroYoshi »

At random times when I'm designing, I'll try to double click something to edit its properties, but nothing will happen. There's really no pattern to it either. Every time I've fired up design mode recently, It's been possible for me to edit the properties of some items and not with others, and its completely randomized (For example, one day I might not be able to edit a camera, while the next day, I might be able to, but then can't edit a moving platform).

Anyone else having this issue?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

1. click on the item until it turns red
2. select "properties" on the bar above
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I've had this issue too, didn't find a fix for it either. I think it mainly has to do with Atmosphir's selection system (kinda line-of-sight based), which is a bit glitchy.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

DvChayz wrote:1. click on the item until it turns red
2. select "properties" on the bar above
That's the thing. It doesn't turn red at all, so that doesn't work.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
papaya

Post by papaya »

bumping this

basically if you're editing while you have it set to only show the layers below the one you've currently selected, the game still knows they are there and if you click something you can see you can get blocked by something you can't.

I.E if you have a hollow cube and you want to edit something inside it, you might have it so that you can't see the roof and have selected the layer below the roof. You are zoomed out and looking down on the cube, and you click on something inside the cube. It won't select because the game has actually selected a block on the roof.

basically if you want to select something, zoom right in on it so nothing can block you accidentally. Overlapping things (a moving platform that's moved into another block) can be quite hard to mess with, so turn off animations too
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

This is an annoying but really old bug. It's been happening to me since Stratosphir launched and thus has nothing to do with OMB's server.

It would still be awesome if it could be fixed but it's soooo old… it must be pretty deep in the game's code.
papaya

Post by papaya »

its not really a huge problem, and you get used to it after a while

the thing is that messing with it would probably introduce some funky bugs since you'd have to somehow change it so blocks no longer exist to the game when you view only certain layers