The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Character Customization

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
Marya

Character Customization

Post by Marya »

I have played in the testing mode for the design part of game. I have gotten two different types of characters. I got the one I believe the wiki calls "Hero" and an african american girl dressed casually. I was curious if anyone could tell me a way I could go through the games files and change the characters manually.
I believe I got 2 different players because I may have downloaded and redownloaded atmosphere till I found one that worked well (The girl was on the current one I am using.
I have checked the files before but all I have seen to have gotten was bmp pics or data files for gear. It looks like there is some really awesome gear stored in this version of atmosphere (from this site). I would love if some could inform me if it is possible to access these custom features.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

We currently don't have a way of doing such yet - last I heard Nin was working on a method of essentially enabling a log-in field and enabling other character customization options. So far we get the random character given to guest, but hopefully we will figure something out.
Marya

Post by Marya »

Phantomboy wrote:We currently don't have a way of doing such yet - last I heard Nin was working on a method of essentially enabling a log-in field and enabling other character customization options. So far we get the random character given to guest, but hopefully we will figure something out.
Hmmm...that would explain the different avatars. So I'm guessing theres no way to find the character template ingame and specially customize this for one particular download of atmosphir? Sorry, I would just love to find a way enable that sweet gear I saw in the files.
Guess I'll wait :P
So if you have never gotten an official account on atmosphir (because it was gone when you found out about it) when you get the log in field enabled, can account creation be possible for newcomers?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Marya wrote:Hmmm...that would explain the different avatars. So I'm guessing theres no way to find the character template ingame and specially customize this for one particular download of atmosphir? Sorry, I would just love to find a way enable that sweet gear I saw in the files.
Guess I'll wait :P
So if you have never gotten an official account on atmosphir (because it was gone when you found out about it) when you get the log in field enabled, can account creation be possible for newcomers?
The way that, I think, it is going to work is everyone will have to sign-up with a new account as all of the old accounts are likely entirely gone. So therefore an account creation would be needed. Of course, I am in no way behind this process so I cannot say for sure, however I assume that is how it would function.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Man, wouldn't it be SO friggin' cool if someone could make custom clothes?
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

If this means we could use the 50ish weapons and such in the game I really want this. Can you imagine the possibility's of maybe an assassin level where you have to snipe the right guy? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Marya wrote:I have played in the testing mode for the design part of game. I have gotten two different types of characters. I got the one I believe the wiki calls "Hero" and an african american girl dressed casually. I was curious if anyone could tell me a way I could go through the games files and change the characters manually.
I believe I got 2 different players because I may have downloaded and redownloaded atmosphere till I found one that worked well (The girl was on the current one I am using.
I have checked the files before but all I have seen to have gotten was bmp pics or data files for gear. It looks like there is some really awesome gear stored in this version of atmosphere (from this site). I would love if some could inform me if it is possible to access these custom features.
Can't play as hero. Hero was a red stick figure used in the first original version of the game, with only 3 levels, and the 3rd one was impossible xD
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

nonic5 wrote:Can't play as hero. Hero was a red stick figure used in the first original version of the game, with only 3 levels, and the 3rd one was impossible xD
You sure it's just the 3rd one? :P

I have the Prototype and i still can't even beat the first.
AtmoMario

Post by AtmoMario »

You can customize the weapons that you have. All default avatars have the same three weapons (wooden swords, default bombs, and default laser), and if you change the name of a different weapon in the asset bundles to ci_w_wooden_swords.unity3d, whatever the bombs are (haven't found those yet), or ci_w_laser_blue.unity3d, you will have whatever you renamed instead of the default. You can still only have 3 weapons, but at least you can change things around, such as replacing the laser with a minigun.
EDIT: ci_w_buccaneer_cannon.unity3d is the default bomb. Also, there is nothing stoping you from renaming anything "laser_blue.unity3d", and then firing it from your default laser.
DerekItoldu

Post by DerekItoldu »

I wish we could customize characters like before
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

DerekItoldu wrote:I wish we could customize characters like before

Nin is working on getting accounts working again, so hopefully we'll get that around the same time.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
DerekItoldu

Post by DerekItoldu »

I just need to get atmosphir to work on my computer first

edit i got it working
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

DerekItoldu wrote:I just need to get atmosphir to work on my computer first
Perhaps you should make a thread explaining your problem fully? I heard there was an issue with getting Administrative permissions on your computer. Have you asked for the credentials? I'm sure we can help :) We just need info :)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote:I'm sure we can help :) We just need info :)

He already posted here.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:He already posted here.
Oh, Yeah I did see that. but I hadn't heard anymore info on exactly what computer he is using and what steps he carried out, but alright. I hope everything can get sorted out :)
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:Man, wouldn't it be SO friggin' cool if someone could make custom clothes?
We've had this discussion 2+ years ago.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

I forgot how to use the Inferno Sword's power thingie. Anyone remember how?
DerekItoldu

Post by DerekItoldu »

Flameforlife wrote:I forgot how to use the Inferno Sword's power thingie. Anyone remember how?
double click the number in the quick access bar. If it is set to key 1 and you already are holding it then hit key 1
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

DerekItoldu wrote:double click the number in the quick access bar. If it is set to key 1 and you already are holding it then hit key 1
Sweet thanks
DerekItoldu

Post by DerekItoldu »

So hows the progress on this anyways