The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Map Recreation

Working on a new level? Have Tutorials to share? Post your work in progress here!
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Map Recreation

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

So, I created a map that looks similar to one in Final Fantasy XIII-2.
Unfortunately however, I've maxed out the capacity, so I can't do anything more with it.
Here's some screenshots (guess what map it is if you know, otherwise leave your opinions).
Spoiler
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

That is really cool, I always love to see recreations in Atmosphir :D Even if I am unfamiliar with their source! Perhaps you could do what I've done in the past, split up the level into sections (I believe if you select something, hit copy - then click 'new' with the selection still maintained you can copy over a large chunk to a new draft) Then you could make multiple smaller levels with it :)

Do you have any further plans with the map?
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

In the actual game, this map is a huge open field with changeable weather. Based on the weather, the enemies change. As well, enemies will randomly appear, starting a battle sequence.

However, these are things that I can't add to the map due to Atmosphir's size limitations.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Ah, I see - so breaking it up would sort of break the recreation. I was messing around with triggers to make a sort of random generator that would teleport you into a battle arena within a certain chance of each tile. I can remember how I got it working, or if I ever did for that matter.