The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Cameron's Island (based Off Of Yoshi's Island)

Working on a new level? Have Tutorials to share? Post your work in progress here!
Jamesski

Cameron's Island (based Off Of Yoshi's Island)

Post by Jamesski »

Hey Guys, It's Jamesski!

Now, maybe you know, or don't know. But the new Yoshi Games came out. Yoshi's New Island for the Nintendo ads System. I really love the game, and also love the series. so, without further waits. I would like to tell you my Idea.
Cameron's Island The Collectables = As you know, Yoshi games have three collectables in each level. Flowers, Red coins and Star Man. Here is what they will be in the Atmoshpir version. Flowers = Clover Leafs Red Coins = Gold Coins (Regular coins will be bronze) Star Man = Will not be in Cameron's Island The Star Man don't really fit in and I don't think it will fit in with the design. Like my failed game, this game will have six worlds, (like the original) Keep in mind, each world/game won't all come out in a row. I will make new games in-between. Since there no Star Man, I will add something else. Level Diamond = One in each level. (These are suppose to be a challenge, something you have to replay the game for to get it. A difficulty push for the masters) The Story = (The Story will be told in a info sticky in the game) You and your little brother Rameron were walking in the park when someone came up to you and started talking. Then while you were talking, someone told Rameron that there is free candy down the street. But that person kidnapped him and now you have to go through the island to save him. The good thing, you live on the island he is kidnapped on, so you can eve him! Not exactly like Yoshi's Island, but In a way, similar. More Info = Game release dates and more will be posted in the release section of the thread. (Scroll down to see it) Each World has 4 regular levels than a boss level. I guess that's another diffrents from the original. I am not going to give away a lot about this game. But some more info will be given out. World 1 : March 2014 World 2 : June 2014 World 3 : August 2014 World 4 : October 2014 World 5 : December 2014 World 6 : December 2014 Things will probably change in the schedule, this is a draft. It will also get a LOT more specific. Hope your excited for this game series. Ask ANYTHING below. I will answer. Talk later! Check out the thread for each of the worlds!
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I love the first two Yoshi's Island games (The original on the SNES and Yoshi's Island DS), but Yoshi's New Island looks a lot more redundant in comparison, so I've been on the fence about getting it for a long time now... would you recommend I go out and get it?

On a more on-topic note, being a big Yoshi fan myself (as you can probably infer from my username), this sounds quite interesting! Sounds like it'll be a bit of an undertaking, but I for one am looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :P
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

I love the first two Yoshi's Island games (The original on the SNES and Yoshi's Island DS), but Yoshi's New Island looks a lot more redundant in comparison, so I've been on the fence about getting it for a long time now... would you recommend I go out and get it?
Yoshi's new island might look not as good as the original, because it's true, nothing is good as the original. But the game does fell new. It has a new feeling to it and it's good old Yoshi. Just some of the music tracks are not so good, and other are awesome. Yes, you should download or get this now! XD
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Dang, you are on top of planning and schedules as always! I look forward to seeing it, you should post some screenshots when you get the chance :)
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Dang, you are on top of planning and schedules as always! I look forward to seeing it, you should post some screenshots when you get the chance :)
Look Above, I have exactly changed by mine. Look at the new screenshot!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Jamesski wrote:you won't see anything else than text about it
Aww.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

I wanted to surprise you guys, I am of course going to upload screenshots! Just wanted to surprise you! So here is World 1-1 Sneak peak!
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Guys, I changed my mined, check out new Screenshots at the bottom of the first post!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

That looks nice! Be sure to add some props to spice up the environment ;)
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

That looks nice! Be sure to add some props to spice up the environment ;)
I'll try, the only thing is, the level is already at 30 percent capacity, so I have to finish the world first before anything else!
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Hey Guys!

The first World in Cameron's Island is the grass world. Like in most other game. The difficulty won't be that hard and collecting the collectables will be easy as well.

Release Date : March 28, 2014

This is when I think I will have the level ready. I will post screenshots of this world down below. Stay tuned! Thanks for reading!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Hey, I merged the two treads together - just to keep things a bit cleaner on the main page. There doesn't need to be more than on thread for a level in development, especially if it's just the first one being worked on right now :) I hope you don't mind!

Anyway, easier levels sound great! I am still improving at playing Atmosphir so I appreciate it!