The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Designers Wanted! Group Game Project.

Working on a new level? Have Tutorials to share? Post your work in progress here!
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Designers Wanted! Group Game Project.

Post by ThatOneFox »

I've been talking to people on the skype group about this already, but for those of you who aren't in that, I have made this thread for you.

Basically, I plan on gathering a group of designers and then making a 2d platforming game akin to sonic/mario. And before you say "omfg 2d nothx the 2d box area is glitchy as hell", it works if you don't use the forwards or backwards keys (or the A or W keys depending on your control setup).

As a designer, I can say that I am not the best at 2d stages, but I can design environments well and I can design 2d bossfights well. This is where the other designers come in. I think, together, we can make an interesting progression of levels that are fun yet also challenging.

If anyone wants a proof of concept for the style of gameplay, please message me.

You guys wanted a way to get the community involved in atmosphir more? Is this a good enough idea? Want to take place? Leave a post in this thread!
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Well, I've made some fun 2D levels before that got generally good remarks, if not recognition. (Apparently I was better at making puzzles and environments in them than anything else...hmm) I suppose I'm free to help out as needed. Shoot me a message if there's anything in particular I should do.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

SirWrek wrote:Well, I've made some fun 2D levels before that got generally good remarks, if not recognition. (Apparently I was better at making puzzles and environments in them than anything else...hmm) I suppose I'm free to help out as needed. Shoot me a message if there's anything in particular I should do.
Got skype?
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Alas I no longer have the capabilities for it (currently). Such has been a year-spanning issue during would-be design seshes for Atmosphir haha. But I'll try to work around it as needed.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
papaya

Post by papaya »

ooh ooh pick me i'll be the ideas guy
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

DEFINITELY PARTAKING.

I haven't really given it much thought before, but the idea of community-wide design projects is awesome.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Sounds interesting. Is it going to be tile-based, like a mario game?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

StreetLights wrote:And before you say "omfg 2d nothx the 2d box area is glitchy as hell", it works if you don't use the forwards or backwards keys (or the A or W keys depending on your control setup).
Martin actually confirmed that this isn't true at one point, back when he was working on Atmosphir. I agree that the A/W keys certainly do cause the problem, but I glitched out a lot playing one of freakboy's recent 2d levels, just for example.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

OH IS THIS AN ATMOSPHIR THING

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Entity wrote:Martin actually confirmed that this isn't true at one point, back when he was working on Atmosphir. I agree that the A/W keys certainly do cause the problem, but I glitched out a lot playing one of freakboy's recent 2d levels, just for example.
Freakboy's 2d levels (as to what I have experienced) seem to do lots of foreground/background changes, so this may cause the issue.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I'll partake, I can do environmental stuff and some puzzles...
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

I thought this was a linear thread having nothing to do with Atmosphir. Designers. Not Atmosphir Design Mode players. Silly me.
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

I'll help but I can't until next week (6gb ram laptop shipping).
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

Easter eggs!, we must have Easter eggs as in secrets.
Like a door that has a key and you can skip a lvls.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Htenneb wrote:I'll help but I can't until next week (6gb ram laptop shipping).
You should build a PC , it's super easy and you get a lot of power!
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

Semesto wrote:You should build a PC , it's super easy and you get a lot of power!
Check my homemade laptop post XD.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Htenneb wrote:Check my homemade laptop post XD.
Yeah, I've been posting on it. :) What I'm talking about is building a desktop, they are a lot cheaper than a normal bought PC and have a lot more power. Not to mention you get the honor to build it.
papaya

Post by papaya »

i think the fact that multiple people thought couldnt tell this was a thread about designing an atmosphir level is rather sad

has there been any start to this since the thread was posted
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

papaya wrote:i think the fact that multiple people thought couldnt tell this was a thread about designing an atmosphir level is rather sad

has there been any start to this since the thread was posted
I have a few designers signed up, but I've been away so nothing major could have been done.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I've been able to get a general idea of what I want to contribute to this project, but it came up while I was preoccupied with back-to-school shopping, so I haven't really been able to take any action on that yet.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.