The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Super Atmosphir Kart: Reborn

Working on a new level? Have Tutorials to share? Post your work in progress here!
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

HI GUYS I'M BACK
To kick off the summer, I'm back with new levels! Starting in may you can get a new level from me almost every month until September. Is that great! Stay tune for official release dates.
It's been almost year since the last time I was here. So I'm a bit rusty. However, if you comment and want to say something about my level. Please say the positives then your critique. With that out of the way...

About 1 and a half years ago, I made a racing game. Where you race against moving platforms. Well, I'm remaking this series. (Yea!) This time, you have no platforms to race against, but just the time. You will look at the times you need to beat to get the amount of points. Than you will race and aim for a certain time with that certain amount of points! Here are the places again!
  • 1st place: 500 points
  • 2nd place: 300 points
  • 3rd place: 100 points
  • 4th place: 0 points
Now what's the racing part. Well using the leaderboards, you must try to get in top place. That's the part that you race against!
Anyway, there is going to be two modes. Easy and Hard. Easy will have times that anyone can beat and hard will have times that skilled people can master. So when a new race game comes out, you can always expect two levels!
How many courses per. level?
There is going to be a total of 5 courses per level.
What happens if I want to play offline?
At the end of the level, there will be an if sticker showing you what place you got in! If you are playing offline!

Ok, that is it from me today! Expect the game to be out May 15! Ask more below!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Can we see some screenshots ? :3
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, exciting! I am always pretty excited to see people putting out some new stuff :) I hope to see some screenshots soon!
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Screenshots will be coming soon! :) Like by Sunday the latest.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

UPDATE 5.3.15
You wanted screenshots, here you go!

**These are not final, but they are close.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
More pictures of Other tracks coming soon!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Those are pretty neato looking! I always have had a soft spot for the use of grid placement for the titles and blocks. Very promising initial impressions!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

They all look a bit bland, but the second screenshot takes the cake.
Try to add a bit more variety...
If it's broken, fix it.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

For my personal taste at least, I think that on a racing level, you can get away with being a bit more minimal in appearance so long as there is the length and gameplay to make up for it! But of course, that is just my thought
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

Phantomboy wrote:For my personal taste at least, I think that on a racing level, you can get away with being a bit more minimal in appearance so long as there is the length and gameplay to make up for it! But of course, that is just my thought
Yes, but Mario Kart wouldn't be nearly as exciting without the scenery surrounding it, wouldn't it?
If it's broken, fix it.