The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Where Are We?

A place to talk about our community
Newah

Post by Newah »

tta wrote:I support this idea.

Now someone needs to make an animation of a glowing 3D OMB logo on a blue background for the intro/outro.
Can do, working on the logo. :D
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

Newah wrote:Can do, working on the logo. :D
Awesome. Show meh :D

To everybody: Start recording stuff! We'll accept pretty much any game wether its a Let's Play, Review, List, Game you're making, or anything else!
If you cant record on your computer, try recording on a friend's computer or skype somebody on OMB while they record!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:I would definitely help start an OMB series that talks about games, includes some of those "Things to criticize or not criticize games for" etc. We could essentially give a few people access to one OMB YouTube account, and create some generic intros/outros to keep the videos people create consistent with a look and feel. If this is an accepted idea, we could probably talk it further in depth. We could cover a range of topics, as long as there is a person willing to talk about a topic. It could essentially be like publishing good forum threads in the form of a video.
I'd love to help. I already have a job pertaining to games, and write a lot about them anyways.

And if you need my gmail in order to make me a manager, it's [email protected] easy enough.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

SirWrek wrote:I'd love to help. I already have a job pertaining to games, and write a lot about them anyways.

And if you need my gmail in order to make me a manager, it's [email protected] easy enough.
Check your email for an invitation.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Sebastian. Pleeeaaaase may I do pigflags?
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

StreetLights wrote:Sebastian. Pleeeaaaase may I do pigflags?
Yes :P
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Magmar

Post by Magmar »

I do love the idea of turning OneMoreBlock into a Youtube channel that reviews and discusses games. Perhaps we could also somehow add to this site to make a place for writers to write articles on topics and news? I'd personally like this as I can't record, but I would love to contribute to this. The blog/site would be similar to IGN(?)

I think our intro for videos could be a screen where the words in OneMoreBlock come up one after another, if you get what I'm saying. Sorta like...

Blue screen, then "ONE" pops up, quickly followed by "MORE" popping up, and "BLOCK" after that, with a little tune for each popup, like dun, dun dun! Excuse my silly explanation. :P
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Magmar wrote:I do love the idea of turning OneMoreBlock into a Youtube channel that reviews and discusses games. Perhaps we could also somehow add to this site to make a place for writers to write articles on topics and news? I'd personally like this as I can't record, but I would love to contribute to this. The blog/site would be similar to IGN(?)

I think our intro for videos could be a screen where the words in OneMoreBlock come up one after another, if you get what I'm saying. Sorta like...

Blue screen, then "ONE" pops up, quickly followed by "MORE" popping up, and "BLOCK" after that, with a little tune for each popup, like dun, dun dun! Excuse my silly explanation. :P
I've actually finished up the first video here, it has a short intro (Though it could be changed for future videos).

Also, yes, I'm actually trying to to make us a little bit like IGN :D
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Check your email for an invitation.
Will do.

And being like IGN is NEVER a bad thing, haha.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
tta

Post by tta »

Magmar wrote:Blue screen, then "ONE" pops up, quickly followed by "MORE" popping up, and "BLOCK" after that, with a little tune for each popup, like dun, dun dun! Excuse my silly explanation. :P
I was thinking of maybe:

Camera shows a blank dark blue area for a split-second, but then zooms out (with a soft wind/whooshing sound effect) through the 2nd "O" of a 3D model of the One More Block, glowing and surrounded by a thin, light fog. Once the camera zooms out to reveal the full model, a masculine male announcer voice comes on to say "ONE MORE BLOCK". The URL for the site fades in below the model, (www.onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php), OR once we become an "IGN-like" website, the URL could just be for the homepage rather than the forum index (With the way it's set up [both "home" and "forums" link to the same place], I'm assuming that XenForo allows you to make a homepage for your forum, but Adz just decided to skip that part.), and the video starts.

The outro is similar, the exact same model is shown in the state it was before (except the URL isn't there). Everything is normal for 1.5 seconds, when the OMB logo's light flickers before shutting off completely. The camera then zooms into the second O, except rather than a blue area, it shows only darkness. The OMB URL fades in again on the black background, before fading out again.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

If only we could get wowfun to set up a "blog" section for the website. Perhaps wordpress or something like that.

If not, I'll grab a domain and set one up there :P
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Why do you not discuss this on the actual post for it?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

StreetLights wrote:Why do you not discuss this on the actual post for it?
There's a thread? O.o
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

bionicnacho wrote:There's a thread? O.o
http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... ekly.1072/
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

@tta, if it makes you feel any better, I know where some of these people are:

Kaiserg can be found on Steam.
Cheezyboom can be found on Steam.
DuffyZeEmu is busy with his last year of UK schooling. We talk occasionally.
Neonox can be found on Twitter.
Samuelandhisdog can be found on Steam.
Boberto can be found on Twitter.
Turkeylurkey can be found on Steam.
Yanahma can CERTAINLY be found on Steam.
Bigdrip is busy being an adult (for once in his life).
Ninjadingo ran into some family issues a couple years back and no one has heard about him since.
Papaya can CERTAINLY be found on Steam.
TLL can be found on Steam.
Biznatch is busy living a normal high school life and being happy with his gf and away from addictions on the computer.
Turqmelon is very much active with Minecraft development work, and we talk weekly.
Hobgoblin can be found on Steam.
MaximumDragon can be found on Steam.
Marcod can be found on Twitter.
WaziCamp... isn't he here on this forum? I remember seeing his name many times.
Munchy365 is busy living a normal high school life and being happy in his own artistic, musical, and gaming endeavors.
Pharoah439 can be found on Steam.
MarioXXX is RayGallade on my MC server.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

jegus christ swords
oh you stalker you ^3^
tta

Post by tta »

^ that is much appreciated information, but NinjaDingo recently made an account and I'm following him, but he hasn't posted but one or two things. The bad thing is that due to technical issues I have no access to steam, and all of the cool people you listed are on steam. :CCC

also *sadfaic* at biznatch, bigdrip, and munchy. (but bigdrip DID make an account here, so :P )
Newah

Post by Newah »

luke5227 wrote:Awesome. Show meh :D

To everybody: Start recording stuff! We'll accept pretty much any game wether its a Let's Play, Review, List, Game you're making, or anything else!
If you cant record on your computer, try recording on a friend's computer or skype somebody on OMB while they record!
It's still in the works. I created a mask in AE for the logo, than I used Element 3D to extrude the mask, the problem being I now need to re-texture it. (it's currently all grey)
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

USE TEH BLOOMIN THREAD FOR THIS STOOF :P