The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Or Aludra?

A place to talk about our community

Honest Opinion: Which would you chose?

Atmosphir coming back
37%
Atmosphir coming back
63%

Total votes: 19

luke5227

Atmosphir Or Aludra?

Post by luke5227 »

So, Aludra has been.... slow recently... As you may know....
Basically, 10 months of work by Pedro (and a tiny bit by me) and some by Eycekubes.

Long story short, we want to know what your opinions are on Aludra. Due to "Atmosphir running in OMB" as a community setup database, we've set up a scenario:

If Atmosphir came back, would you chose Atmosphir or Aludra?

Most of you would say Atmosphir, since you enjoyed it and would love to see it come back, being a dream come true. But to be honest, with Aludra, so many things would be different, allowing for new experiences, features to the community's likings, ownership by community members, and more.

We really want to get Aludra back together but we're not sure if its really something the community would support.

I promise we'll at least try to work our butts off if you vote Aludra.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Man, I honestly wished you put a "both" vote! I would certainly play Aludra, all the same I will of course be playing Atmosphir. It is a lot like picking up an old cartridge (or CD) for a game you played a lot as a child. I will always get newer games and thoroughly enjoy them, but I will also always have a nostalgic tie to the older games.

I really really hope my little post here hasn't been discouraging! I look forward to whatever you guys do, even if I haven't seen to much yet. Would you like to know why? Because I love this community and I am honestly delighted to see what any user has made!

EDIT: I should also clarify the current one vote in each isn't me cheating myself an "equal" vote!
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Auldra is a good project, but since there isn't anything to actually give a glimpse gameplay wise, I'm going to have to vote atmosphir.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Kiriel

Post by Kiriel »

Atmo. For now, at least.
tta

Post by tta »

idk what even aludra is
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

It's like atmosphir, only developed by Bionicnacho and co.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I voted for Atmosphir because I don't actually know what Aludra is like yet. I may be willing to say both once I see more of it.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I voted for Atmosphir because I don't actually know what Aludra is like yet. I may be willing to say both once I see more of it.
Pretty much my opinion as well.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I voted for Atmosphir because I don't actually know what Aludra is like yet. I may be willing to say both once I see more of it.
It seems this is the general response to the matter. It's true, we really haven't shown you guys much.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

No matter which one wins, I still say any feature any game has over each other can be simply ported.

Porting C# classes is easy.
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:No matter which one wins, I still say any feature any game has over each other can be simply ported.

Porting C# classes is easy.
It would be more like something not via the code but via the owner, who decides if we get money, who decides new features, etc
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

You're being such a child. You sound like a elemetary student, saying "you can be friends with either him or me, but you can't be friends with both!" Seriously xD!

Like some people said, there should have been a "both" option. You are giving us two wrong answers to choose for this question, so no matter what we can't be right.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

nonic5 wrote:You're being such a child. You sound like a elemetary student, saying "you can be friends with either him or me, but you can't be friends with both!" Seriously xD!

Like some people said, there should have been a "both" option. You are giving us two wrong answers to choose for this question, so no matter what we can't be right.
Although a both option would be good for the voters and I honestly wanted one, they are being realistic about time management and pouring a lot of time into something it would likely be rewarding to hear that people are supporting it. It seems that it was less of a "You can only have one!" and more of an honest question regarding if they are spending their time effectively or not.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

nonic5 wrote:You're being such a child. You sound like a elemetary student, saying "you can be friends with either him or me, but you can't be friends with both!" Seriously xD!

This. I'm even a developer for Aludra and I would definitely vote for both had it been an option. I'll be talking to the team in a little bit about some things to hopefully lighten things up a bit. I'm seeing a lot of controversy over this topic here and on Skype and we need to simmer down some.

Atmosphir is the game this entire community was forged from. In my honest opinion, it's impossible to choose a game that hasn't shown much and isn't even available yet... over a game we grew up with and love.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

EyceKubes wrote: Atmosphir is the game this entire community was forged from. In my honest opinion, it's impossible to choose a game that hasn't shown much and isn't even available yet... over a game we grew up with and love.
That would basically be like trading in your grandmother for a convict. Unless of course dear old ma is a convict, in which case... I digress...
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Did someone mention evil grandmas?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Totally didn't see that coming from a mile away...

Anyhoo, I would Atmosphir to come back and I really hope the revival project going on here is a success. That being said, I do think Aludra sounds pretty interesting. Like I said though, I'm very biased toward Atmosphir at the moment because of how little I've seen of Aludra.
notblackjack

Post by notblackjack »

Just made the votes even :D
ZeroSwordsMaster
Editorial Staff

Post by ZeroSwordsMaster »

I voted for Aludra simply due to the lack of both options, as I'm not sure about how willing MiVe is to let go of the Atmos IP. I do think Atmosphir should come back though, the community can probably do so much with it (although I'm uncertain of how servers would be maintained, or if level upload would just be sharing levels via files/folders ala Overgrowth or Minecraft)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

ZeroOfBlades wrote:(although I'm uncertain of how servers would be maintained, or if level upload would just be sharing levels via files/folders ala Overgrowth or Minecraft)

Nin is working on this right now.