The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Please, This One Time, Allow For Discussion.

A place to talk about our community
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Miniike, I completely understand and respect your opinion. In many cases they did disrupt and upset members of the community, I don't think that is something we should just try and ignore. I did my best to reason, discuss and negotiate with them. I know that they are upset, that makes perfect sense to me. I think they were given more than enough time to adjust and abide by the rules.

Also, I looked at them with an open mind. When talking with them we looked solely at what they did; not who they supported. I do appreciate your input, never be afraid to attempt to negotiate - I hope that it doesn't look as harsh or unjustified.
Rabbidfan236
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Phantomboy wrote:In many cases they did disrupt and upset members of the community,
The problem with other members of the community is that they too soon result to arguing with them and insulting them back. They need to tone it down a bit and make it clear that it's upsetting them and politely ask them to stop.

Also the fact that they need to be a little more laid back and stop getting upset over little things. I mean seriously, who here is going to be offended by an impeccably accurate Scottish accent?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Miniike wrote:Yes, they were spamming and they could be annoying and even offensive, but they weren't doing any real damage to the community. They were ignorable for the most part and this is just an extreme.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if they were damaging the community or not. They had no respect for anyone on here and they couldn't be bothered to keep spamfests in Pigflags where they belong, and they took it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far. I mean, look at all these posts tta directed at me:
Spoiler
tta wrote:1: YOU'RE the one who's hilarious, I was waiting for you to reply and man was it worth it.
tta wrote:and to reply to your precious, fiery posts.
tta wrote:Oh, and "Crap up" isn't a term or figure of speech, just wanted to let you know. Talk to me in more big boy words if you want me to take you seriously, but on second thought; don't.
tta wrote:Oh gee, whats that ladies and gentlemen...

it looks like its TIME TO PLAY THE PAIN GAME STARRING TTA.

THAT'S RIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE'RE HERE IN THE GRAND WRESTLING FEDERATION STADIUM STARRING THE BROTHER'S MOTHER TTA, WHO'S ABOUT TO GIVE ELECTRO A TICKET TO THE PAIN TRAIN, AND YOU BET YOUR FEET HE'S GONNA GIVE HIM HIS MONEY'S WORTH. LET THE GAMES BEGIN BROTHER!

Oh i'm disgusting now? cool. Got any more 2hrtful4me insults? How about calling me "primate" or "gnat" or "neanderthal", that'll really show me.

OH WHAT'S THAT DID TTA JUST- OH YES HE DIIIDDD!! HE WENT ALLY YOOP ALLY OOP"AHLLY' YOOP"FOR THE SLAM-DUNK!

"You flood this forum with spam everywhere and tell anyone who tells you to stop to "Kill themselves""

Oh my god hehe too funny, its amazing how wrong you are with that one statement

1: I have already said: I don't spam forum-wide, if you'd look then you would find that mosta majority of the posts I make are significant and/or pertaining to a legitimate conversation, the rest is pigflags, and a SMALL MINORITY of the posts I make are legitimate spam where it's not allowed. Heck, with the ignorance that you're displaying right now, it kind of makes me think the forum deserves a little bit more spam.
2: I have EXCLUSIVELY told SL via an image link to "kill himself", it is/was an inside joke between me, DV, and streettights. You're constantly twisting the truth to make me look like an attention-seeking jackass, but I'm no stranger to that am I mods.

oh and top lel right here:

"And I'M a 16-y/o sophomore in high school..."

*clap clap* cool bro what an accomplishment

Christ, back off ya silly nark.

AHHWWW YEEEAH BROTHER, TTA JUST GOT ELECTRO IN ONE ELECTRIC HEADLOCK BROTHER, AHWHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You can't tell me these posts don't warrant at least a little bit of action.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Honestly, it doesn't matter if they were damaging the community or not. They had no respect for anyone on here and they couldn't be bothered to keep spamfests in Pigflags where they belong, and they took it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too far. I mean, look at all these posts tta directed at me:

(Big collection of posts)

You can't tell me these posts don't warrant at least a little bit of action.
Plus they told quite a few users to kill themselves. If that doesn't warrant action I don't know what does.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

They were trolling. Which is what people like us sometimes do when we're bored.

Sometimes it's clear that we're joking (ElectricYoshi) and other times some softies choose to have a problem with it.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Wow, a brilliant cosplay you're doing!
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

Just to clarify. That is not me.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Lemon wrote:Just to clarify. That is not me.
No worries, we know :)
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

I already informed them of the Papaya situation.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

We're aware, although shamefully enough, I actually did think it was you at first...
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

To steer this back on topic, or at least a bit, I had a question. Is there any advice you have for the moderators? I mean, they kinda have to hold up the rules and stuff regardless as that is sort of the point, but that doesn't mean suggestions aren't warranted. I haven't really had to do a whole lot lately as far as moderating goes, I think the majority of you kinda of know what is expected - regardless of what you want to do. Because of that I do my best to be fairly open about occurrences whenever I can. Regardless of anythings in the past, I love you guys :) I really do appreciate any and all suggestions, regardless of what happens it is really good to hear what you guys think.
Spoiler
Also, I am hardly ever speaking for all of the mods.. I am not "a leading moderator" or higher than any of the other people. I am sure Sebby, Bion and etc. have their own thoughts on this so, feel free to bother them about that if you are interested :P
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:To steer this back on topic, or at least a bit, I had a question. Is there any advice you have for the moderators? I mean, they kinda have to hold up the rules and stuff regardless as that is sort of the point, but that doesn't mean suggestions aren't warranted. I haven't really had to do a whole lot lately as far as moderating goes, I think the majority of you kinda of know what is expected - regardless of what you want to do. Because of that I do my best to be fairly open about occurrences whenever I can. Regardless of anythings in the past, I love you guys :) I really do appreciate any and all suggestions, regardless of what happens it is really good to hear what you guys think.
I'll be honest and say that I do think that the mods are starting to get a bit impulsive about deleting off topic posts. I can understand deleting an all out flame war or spam-fest or something like that, but if an off-topic post doesn't steer the entire thread off topic, I don't think it really needs handling. Like I said, deleting spam-fests is fine, but just one or two unrelated/spammy posts in an otherwise on-topic thread don't really need to be deleted.

I hope that didn't sound overly controlling Phantom, because I greatly respect you and the rest of the moderators, both as people and as moderators. It's just deleting an off topic post simply because it's off topic when it isn't actually derailing the conversation seems a bit rash to me.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

But now that you're here, mind lossening up ye old ban hammah for another go?

;-)

I jest.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I'll be honest and say that I do think that the mods are starting to get a bit impulsive about deleting off topic posts. I can understand deleting an all out flame war or spam-fest or something like that, but if an off-topic post doesn't steer the entire thread off topic, I don't think it really needs handling. Like I said, deleting spam-fests is fine, but just one or two unrelated/spammy posts in an otherwise on-topic thread don't really need to be deleted.

I hope that didn't sound overly controlling Phantom, because I greatly respect you and the rest of the moderators, both as people and as moderators. It's just deleting an off topic post simply because it's off topic when it isn't actually derailing the conversation seems a bit rash to me.
Alright, I will keep that in mind ;) I do my best to catch things and simply prompt with a post to get people back on topic, however when it reaches like a page or two of entirely off-topic conversation, often times one word replies to each other it gets kinda hard to read the actual posts. I will do my best to catch things earlier on and/or be lighter on deleting things :)

No worries, friend :) Also, feel free to respect mod-people simply as other users, I just extend a general courtesy to everyone alike :P Feel free to PM and demand me to take care of something if you like, I honestly don't mind ;)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:Also, feel free to respect mod-people simply as other users,
I know that, that's what I meant when I said I respected you guys as people. :P