The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Moderation Feedback Form - Suggestion -

A place to talk about our community
Phantomboy

Moderation Feedback Form - Suggestion -

Post by Phantomboy »

Hey guys!

It's been a little while since I've made a suggestion thread, however I had a little idea. I have talked a bit about this with Bionic on my idea but I thought I'd see what you guys think.

Essentially, I wanted to have a way to sort of clearly document, record and receive moderation feedback. Of course you can always message them directly, report their post with a message or make a thread. However, I think it would be nice if there was a more thorough method of submitting thoughts, complaints and concerns.

My thought was to have two separate submission processes. A public Ask.fm account that has a character limit of 300 but is visible to everyone, this would be used for simple comments, questions or updates. Then there would be the Google Document Long-form submission page, used for thorough complains, advice and situational reports/notifications. Both the long-form and ask page allow for anonymous submissions and would be different methods for peeps to get their message across :)

I personally would find this very valuable, I think I've shared a few times how much I like hearing if I am doing alright or not. I know moderation has needed to be too heavy lately, so that might be a point to raise here. My main question is this; is this something you think would be helpful? unnecessary? I'd love to hear :)
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I doubt I'd use it a lot, but I'd be on board with it.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Sure, why not.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Hmm Phantom, speaking of Ask.fm, can I use it anonymously?
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

freekboy31 wrote:Hmm Phantom, speaking of Ask.fm, can I use it anonymously?
What do you mean by anonymously? Do you mean like message me/others without displaying any sort of name? Yes! Do you mean create an account unassociated with you OMB account? Also Yes :)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

BUUUUUMP!

Sorry to bump a buried thread, but I think we have a need for this right now. I REALLY think this needs to happen. I know I'm not really in a position to say that, but the moderation on here needs to improve.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

ElectroYoshi wrote:BUUUUUMP!

Sorry to bump a buried thread, but I think we have a need for this right now. I REALLY think this needs to happen. I know I'm not really in a position to say that, but the moderation on here needs to improve.
You are right on my wave length, and I am on it, sir!

I don't have the time tonight, but the plan is that hopefully tomorrow I can get that together for you guys :D Also, don't think that you aren't in the position to raise concerns, I always appreciate them :)

So, thank you for bringing this back up, Electro! Get me in gear on this :P