The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Wowfun's Wintery Status Update — 12/22/2013

A place to talk about our community
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Wowfun's Wintery Status Update — 12/22/2013

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Hiya! Did you miss me? Probably not, given how awesome the new mods have been, not to mention freaking Nin. Two years after Minor Ventures essentially melted into a sea of overdue taxes and unclear bankruptcy filings, it's now possible to download a copy of Atmosphir, create an account, and begin playing and uploading levels. All community run. How cool is that?!

I really don't want to become one of those self-righteous internet-jerks who thinks he's so important as to warrant a thread for all of his comings and goings, but then I log in for the first time in several months and am greeted by the giant pile of unanswered PM's that have accumulated in my inbox, and I realize some sort of explanation may be necessary.

Yes, being a college student is busy. It isn't that I haven't had a shred of free time—I've had a lot of fun playing through Super Mario 3D World over the past few weeks—but my life is just a bit too complicated right now for constant thoughts of an internet forum to be hanging over my mind. Although the site can manage fine without me, my sudden disappearance did cause OneMoreLevel development to fall apart. Some small part of me was hoping Epowerj would continue it, but he has time constraints of his own, and I know it's hard to stay motivated when you're working by yourself. To the people who were excited for it, I'm sorry, and to Epowerj in particular, I know I essentially abandoned you and I feel bad about it. If nothing else, I think the two of us learned a great deal this past summer.

Anywho, it's Christmas time, guys! For me, it's also the start of a three-week-long respite from school, which means I'll be spending a lot more time around OneMoreBlock. Feel free to use this thread to ask me about life, OneMoreBlock, or any other unresolved mysteries I may be capable of answering.

Just don't expect me to answer all of those PM's. I have A LOT of unread PM's.

-Wowfunhappy
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

The title reads "12/22/13"...It's still 12/21 here...That's driving me crazier than it probably should...

But that aside, this is all very nice to hear. Good to have you back Wowfun. Even if it is only for a few weeks. :P
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Thanks, and apologies for living in the eastern time zone. It's funny, when I started righting the thread is was the 21st here as well, but the day changed while I was writing so I updated the topic title before I posted. I'd forgotten about time zones.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Yeah, it's ridiculous really how many times that's happened to me before...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Welcome back, we're all very happy to have you back! I know the moderators especially will be, I've been doing my best to do a good job. I think I have a lot of improving to do, so don't run off again too quickly!! :P

Speaking of which, I did have a question about you schedule. Do you think you will likely be as busy post-winter break? I can imagine as classes pick back up it certainly could get back to that level. I was just curious, if that is something you even know yet :)

Anyways, happy holidays!
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote: Speaking of which, I did have a question about you schedule. Do you think you will likely be as busy post-winter break? I can imagine as classes pick back up it certainly could get back to that level. I was just curious, if that is something you even know yet :)
Next semester in general should be less bad. I was taking two art courses this past semester (long story), and for reasons I don't really understand, art classes have a reputation at my college for being the most time consuming classes. Compound that with the fact that I've never taken an art course before and... yeah.

So I may well have more time next semester, but I don't want to say for sure.
MasterJBW

Post by MasterJBW »

Fluffy and I are glad to see you again! :D
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Yay!
Speaking of which, I get to be torn away from tinkering with my stats generator since I'm in the US for the week.
Provided my untested code works, there should be a nice surprise on the stats this Christmas. I was hoping I could add a "Most excited about Christmas" stat as well (but my computer is 17 hours away).
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Yay!
Speaking of which, I get to be torn away from tinkering with my stats generator since I'm in the US for the week.
Provided my untested code works, there should be a nice surprise on the stats this Christmas. I was hoping I could add a "Most excited about Christmas" stat as well (but my computer is 17 hours away).
Should have put something like teamviewer on it.

Anyways, really glad to have you back Wowfun! (Even if it's only for a 3-week period. Maybe we can put together some holiday events while you're around? Something to have the whole (active part) of the community participate in.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

bionicnacho wrote:Maybe we can put together some holiday events while you're around? Something to have the whole (active part) of the community participate in.
Darn, should have done Christmas13 design competition.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Entity wrote:Darn, should have done Christmas13 design competition.
We'll think of something :)
(by we, I mean the community. Any ideas?)
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Nice to see updates from you!! :)

So thankfully, Nin managed to get the game working. He's like the elf Santa brought for us to enjoy this Christmas.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

boberto

Post by boberto »

Looks like I've missed a lot... You guys have a working server? This is amazing! I may just hop on since I've got a long weekend due to a snow day and design something for old time's sake. :) Been applying to colleges in hopes of being a game designer so Atmosphir has been permeating my thoughts every day for a while now. I'm ecstatic to see we still have a community over here, I truly love you guys!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

boberto wrote:Looks like I've missed a lot... You guys have a working server? This is amazing! I may just hop on since I've got a long weekend due to a snow day and design something for old time's sake. :) Been applying to colleges in hopes of being a game designer so Atmosphir has been permeating my thoughts every day for a while now. I'm ecstatic to see we still have a community over here, I truly love you guys!
Aw, I love you too Boberto! It is always great to have you back :) I am not sure if you really remember me, but we talked a bit back in Atmosphir - Welcome back!
boberto

Post by boberto »

I certainly remember you Phantomboy! :D