The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Some Questions About The Forum!

A place to talk about our community
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Entity wrote:It took me a minute and then I lol'd xP
This xD

I... hate ads. I know it's the only viable option for a lot of people but darn, they are annoying! They could work if they would be made well, in a way that doesn't really get in the way but most sites that do have them place the ads on some of the most intrusive places.
Hollabyte

Post by Hollabyte »

I just want to post a disclaimer that this kind of decision wouldn't be up to me at all.

But anyway, I agree with you BionicNacho. If this site ever was to implement ads, I'd want them to follow the guidelines set out by the guys that made Adblock Plus. Basically, the Adblock guys took a survey of their users and found that most weren't totally opposed to ads because they help the people that run their favorite sites. So Adblock Plus has a list of guidelines of acceptable ways to present ads, and if a site follows these guidelines they can submit their site to be part of a 'whitelist'.

In a nutshell, the guidelines basically say that the advertising has to be strait forward (no sketchiness or attention-grabbing) as well as unobtrusive. Plus some other stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't mind online advertising at all if every site followed ABP's guidelines. Except for video ads on youtube. Those suck. And must die.
๐Ÿ‘‹ I used to be known as Prototype ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿค–
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Hollabit wrote:Except for video ads on youtube. Those suck. And must die.
Well even those aren't so bad these days. They're either 15 seconds or else 30 seconds and you can skip after 5 (or something like that).
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Hey, remember that old discussion about making a official website for Troposphir (to see levels online, have competition and player profiles)?
Maybe we could do that, and add news/blog page to it.
I volunteer to do it (for free) as soon as the new launcher is out.

Merged:

Or someone could do it, too. :P this would be a great moment to enable auto double-merging,since the edit button is non-functional.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

That's actually a really great idea. We would probably be in the best position to make it since we know how all the files and stuff work :)

Another cool idea that probably won't happen for a long time: Somehow link the Atmosphir accounts to OMB forum accounts. Then you can click on a forum username and it shows you their levels.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Yeah I was thinking about that shortly after posting the second post :P
Would be really awesome, and it actually only depends on how Xenforo works for externalizing accounts. We'd just have to make a request to OMB on login to confirm user and pass.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

On making another website for Atmosphir, I would REALLY prefer to have it integrated into this one.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

bionicnacho wrote:On making another website for Atmosphir, I would REALLY prefer to have it integrated into this one.
We would host this under OMB's servers... See discussion here: http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php ... site.1545/