The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Remove Stats Signatures?

A place to talk about our community

I'm dropping support for generated signatures.

Poll ended at March 16th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Thats fine.
No votes
Thats fine.
100%

Total votes: 6

Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Remove Stats Signatures?

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

For the longest while, I have been generating signatures every hour of the day, in order to be in par with the stats. Issue is, the generated signatures are not commonly used, and are simply a waste of bandwidth if nobody really uses them. I transfer 11gb worth of signatures every month due to the hourly stats generation.

I've left a poll here. If you are against me killing support for generated signatures, feel free to vote, and I'll keep supporting them.

If nobody contests against the choice, support for signatures will be dropped. Then, I can save bandwidth, and even increase the frequency in which stats are generated.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I hadn't used them since I've been keeping my standard one - but don't let me decided for you. It's honestly your own project, if you feel people aren't using them enough to warrant keeping them, then that's your own choice :) I don't mind either way, I just love to see what people are working on!

PS: Also, added to the title to avoid confusion.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I voted for "That's fine", but I feel like the signatures aren't used because they don't really have a ton going on. Perhaps if you did something about that people would use them more. I know I would. :P
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I voted for "That's fine", but I feel like the signatures aren't used because they don't really have a ton going on. Perhaps if you did something about that people would use them more. I know I would. :P
I attempted adding transitions and such to them, but the signature size jumped from 32kb to 18.6mb. I would be uploading 3gb worth of signatures every hour. Because of that, I only opted my signature to have the transitions and such.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

OK, I gotcha.

Well, if there's nothing that can be done, nixing the signatures is probably for the best.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Alrighty. I have disabled badges and signatures. Don't worry though. If you still want those things, I can re-instate them with the click of a button.