The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Site (one More Block 2.0)

A place to talk about our community
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Flameforlife wrote:I don't swear too much either. And it's not a big deal. Sorry I put it that way, but I'm really tired of people being babies and whining about not being able to. I just want them to SHUT UP. :P

Oh OK, I gotcha. You are NOT alone, believe me...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

boberto wrote:I curse like a sailor, anyone who has talked to me over Skype will know, but I'm not complaining that we aren't allowed to swear on the forums. Why? Because it keeps things classy, and makes posts all-around sound less hostile.
Mhm, that's the main reason behind the no swearing rule. We're not trying to pretend that curse words don't exist or something but it just creates a nicer environment.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I had no problems at all with the no swearing rule. I feel like it should apply more to overuse of such language if you know what I mean.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

It seems to be a personal preference, if you commonly curse then you would likely want to be able to, if you don't then you like don't really mind. It's sort of a toss-up. I personally prefer without, as there isn't really any instances where I am like "Oh, if only I had expletives to further express my point!" but I suppose that is just me.

I think "overuse" is sort of such a ambiguous term it would always be sort of arguable. I don't think allowing swearing would be used to a point of excess by most user. However, it would make it a lot easier for people to break rule number six (6. Be respectful to other users) as they kind of bring, at least in some cases, a negative light into conversations.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

It looks like wowfun is pretty happy to remove the swear rule.
Wowfunhappy wrote: This is 4chan:

:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Posted this in the originating thread, but I was unaware that Phantom had asked people to not post images with swearing, and I apologize.
jhjoseph91
Location: .LOC FILE CORRUPT. SCANNING C:\LOCATION\ FOR REPLACEMENT...

Post by jhjoseph91 »

Flameforlife wrote:Swearing, come on, we're all above twelve years old
...Yes, certainly.
i'm from another dimension!
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Thanks a lot wowfun now 1,500 children knows how to swear
jhjoseph91
Location: .LOC FILE CORRUPT. SCANNING C:\LOCATION\ FOR REPLACEMENT...

Post by jhjoseph91 »

Actually, I think that the first thing of cursing was not from the internet at all, but rather, from my parents.
i'm from another dimension!
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

jhjoseph91 wrote:Actually, I think that the first thing of cursing was not from the internet at all, but rather, from my parents.

I'm kind of the same way. Nowadays not cursing is really more of a habit than anything for me.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

As far as parental/mentor influence in cursing - the topic was always treated fairly realistically, "These are words, they are rude to say to someone you respect." As such, I saw the point they made before any sort of, I don't know, child-like glorifying that makes a lot of kids want to curse. So these days the are sort of just words, that I know can be offensive depending on who you are talking to.

As such, I don't personally see the utility of them in a forum where we try to keep as positive of an attitude as we can. However, I am sure there is a personal bias on my end as I personally don't use them. So, that is sort of my thoughts on that :P
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

boberto wrote:As for opening up the community or expanding via YouTube I say it's far too late. This forum isn't meant to grow Atmosphir or attract new members... the game barely even exists anymore. The official website is only accessible through Way Back Machine and the developers have all moved on. Dave is Senior Experience Designer Lead at Adobe. Good on him.
So much nostalgia I peed myself a little