The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Changed Policy On Cursing And Expletives

A place to talk about our community
Phantomboy

Changed Policy On Cursing And Expletives

Post by Phantomboy »

Hey guys!

Over the past week, a lot of people have been voicing concerns about the no swearing rule on OneMoreBlock. The rule is largely a relic from the Atmosphir.com days, and we kept it in the hope that it would help promote a popular Atmosphir. However, since the majority of users don't think it's needed anymore, we have decided to abolish the rule.

Discussion is best when a person is able to articulate their thoughts through a wider vocabulary, a part of the vocabulary would be expletives. So, while you may not see me cursing to any major degree and while excess use in a way to offend others is still punishable, here is the change:

Cursing is now allowed on the forum and will be tolerated as any other speech, as opinions ring louder than the words they wear.

This however does not mean that harassment, purposeful offence or other obscenities are now allowed.

((So on that note, have a wonderful week everyone! Haha, have a good one!))
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Gj, but this isn't gonna change anything. Sorry.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Oh shit?
Yeah, uhh...
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I felt I might say this while this announcement is early. If there is a negative impression of this or if the response is that we were better off beforehand, then we can always discuss reversing that :) This was done primarily because people felt that it was necessary, or rather that the rule wasn't necessary, so if the opinion changes that is always something we can open up for discussion and stuff :P If that makes any sense!

Anyways, enjoy your week!
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

This is just beating a dead horse.

OMB is simply too far gone now for this to change anything. The new forum was just created yesterday, and has already seen a lot more activity than OMB has in the past week. Allowing cursing is not gonna fix that anymore. Back in March, maybe, but not now that it's almost May. Activity has just dwindled way too much for that to be enough, and at this point, it's likely that nothing will be enough.

But it's not just that. The whole "revamp OMB" movement didn't have the expected results in any way. Once the movement died, it became abundantly clear that once OMB was up, its purpose was pretty much set it stone. This wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the revival movement. Exosphir is much better suited for that than this forum is, which is why most of us are over there now. There's simply no reason to be here anymore.

I'll be sticking around on here until the whole site goes down, but I see no possible way that day can be far from now. I came on here 4 times while I was at school today and didn't post even once because the only threads I could find to post in were either a) Discussions I had no opinion on, b) Forum games I lost interest in or c) Threads where I was the last one to post. Paying for the domain is eventually just going to be a waste of money, so I doubt Wowfun will be willing to do so much longer, especially if activity doesn't pick up in the summer like you'd expect it to.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I think we need to be realistic about this.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.