The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Onemoreblock Logo

A place to talk about our community
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

I come back and find this. Cool. :3
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

Maybe just photoshop out the pillar covering the 'C'? I'd rather see the full site name, but that's just me.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Swords761 wrote:Maybe just photoshop out the pillar covering the 'C'? I'd rather see the full site name, but that's just me.

I tried shortening it, it looked odd. Removing it altogether would be really difficult.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Okay, so I've further increased the minimum width of the website. This is now the header at it's narrowest:

Look good?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sure!
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:omb r34
oh my god pls yes nvm there aren't many girls on this website except for dvchayz and electroyoshi
totaldile

Post by totaldile »

tta wrote:oh my god pls yes nvm there aren't many girls on this website except for dvchayz and electroyoshi
cOUGH

Regardless, I really, I really like the new banner. It looks great on mobile.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Decided to compromise by making the text smaller (and the minimum website width lower, again). I should actually be done this time.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

I just have to say it looks absolutely beautiful <3
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

It's not bad, I have to agree.

Although I still don't like the "rebuilding cirrus" part though. Who in the world is going to know what "Cirrus" is besides those who already know? Why not just say "Rebuilding Atmosphir"?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Fair opinion, I understand what you mean. However, I think that is sounds nice to say and plus that, with the boxes to the right - I am fairly certain those who click on this site will likely recognise the Atmosphir elements on the right side of the banner. So, I understand your opinion, although personally, I don't think it is that big of an issue.

Although, what might be a big priority of catching the attention of players who land on this site might be adding a download button to the main page, like the desktop version was advertised or perhaps a download page in the navigation bar. Something, perhaps even utilising this old site element.Image
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

TheLastLink wrote:Although I still don't like the "rebuilding cirrus" part though. Who in the world is going to know what "Cirrus" is besides those who already know? Why not just say "Rebuilding Atmosphir"?
On one hand, 'Cirrus' was always kind of a stupid and somewhat limiting concept imo, and I think it would be better if the community moved away from it. On the other hand, 'Rebuilding Cirrus' implies that we're rebuilding not just Atmosphir's code and server, but also designing the actual levels that make up the world within Atmosphir.

If you read earlier posts in this thread, you'll see that my original idea was for it to say 'Rebuilding Atmosphir', but I suggested 'Rebuilding Cirrus' later and a lot of people preferred it. I'm torn myself, and went back and forth as I was putting the logo together. The main reason I ultimately went with Cirrus was because it fit between the "M" and the "B" of "One More Block".
tta

Post by tta »

I think the subtitle should be something more official, like:

ONE MORE BLOCK: Atmosphir Revival Project

Then returning users will know instantly what they are looking at, with "cirrus", IMO being kind of a nondescript way of directly referencing atmosphir. besides, the cirrus idea was introduced only with stratosphir, and it was something that only a handful of users were aware of and was kind of headcanon since it's not directly referenced in the game.