The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Papaya Has Common Sense

A place to talk about our community
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

totaldile wrote:Uh, I am /actually/ a girl.

The part about me understanding that tta's comment was a joke and that I didn't take offense at all was true.

Tta is just Tta :) .
Oh crap whoops I confused you with totodile1000, my bad...
Wait so there are two totodiles? Which one are you?
totaldile

Post by totaldile »

Swords761 wrote:Oh crap whoops I confused you with totodile1000, my bad...
Wait so there are two totodiles? Which one are you?
I've always been totaldile? Mostly referred to as Total?

Uhhhhh I did block art back in the atmosphir days of old?

xD

But Uhm yeah, on-topic, I think making more levels is a good goal for now. There are two ways I can see to achieve this:

1. We work harder and make more levels ourselves, possibly sacrificing quality.
This one may be a lot harder because we've all moved on without lives, and a lot of us don't have time to make levels.
2. We advertise to gain more members, and get the making levels.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Swords761 wrote:I think it should be clear though that totodile was not offended by the joke (and yes, it was a joke).
We know totodile is male, and we know none of what tta said is how he genuinely feels. It's common sense that it's a joke. The community part was also a joke; saying the opposite sarcastically, to be specific.
Learn to take a joke bro.
Yeah, fair point :) Although, I think having a rule, solely resting on determining if someone is joking or not is a really fuzzy line to walk. I can't really think of any place that allows you to "jokingly break the rules" generally because it would be arbitrary to enforce and be kind of unfair for both parties involved. But, I digress.
totaldile wrote: 2. We advertise to gain more members, and get the making levels.
I agree with the 'word-of-mouth' approach :) I am a member on another forum in which the audience if fairly large. I might make a mention (although, I need to look into their rules on advertising) of this site there and talk a bit about Atmosphir. I am sure at least a few will hope over :D
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I agree that we should try to get some new members in. To be honest, I no longer see myself using Atmosphir anymore. I originally played Atmosphir to design levels and "make games". Now that I know how to use the Unity engine, and can sculpt just about any 3D model I want with Google Sketchup, Atmosphir is no longer needed by me.

I appreciate the effort in trying to bring the game back, but as people grow out of the game, as I have, those efforts lose their purpose. We need an audience that can still enjoy those efforts.
To try and help, I've just added a reference to this site in my tribute video to Atmosphir.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

totaldile wrote:Tta is just Tta :) .
Nevertheless, with his "background" (if you want to call it that), it's hard to distinguish between joke and actual insult. Just sayin'.

Anyway...
tta wrote:You know, back when atmo was alive, people made draft compilations. A level with teleporters to the unfinished level segments.
I tend to be very strict with myself, and if I feel a draft doesn't have the quality that I want, I don't publish it. I end up improving most of my drafts to make an actual level out of them, but some just don't make it out to the public.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

what
ok off topic but
how can you not tell its a joke
tta

Post by tta »

Baufritz wrote:Nevertheless, with his "background" (if you want to call it that), it's hard to distinguish between joke and actual insult. Just sayin'.
What the desu did you just fucking desu about me, you little desu? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my desu in the Navy Desus, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret desus on Al-Desu, and I have over 300 confirmed desus. I am trained in desu warfare and I’m the top desu in the entire US armed desu. You are nothing to me but just another desu. I will desu you the fuck out with desu the likes of which has never been seen before on this desu, mark my fucking desu. You think you can get away with saying that desu to me over the desu? Think again, desu. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of desu across the USA and your desu is being traced right now so you better prepare for the spam, maggot. The spam that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your desu. You’re fucking desu, kid. I can be desu, desu, and I can desu you in over desu ways, and that’s just with my bare desu. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed desu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Desu and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable desu off the face of the desu, you little desu. If only you could have known what unholy desu your little “desu” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking desu. But you desu, you desu, and now you’re desu, you goddamn desu. I will shit desu all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking desu, kiddo.

on another note, what "background"?
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

tta wrote:What the desu did you just fucking desu about me, you little desu? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my desu in the Navy Desus, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret desus on Al-Desu, and I have over 300 confirmed desus. I am trained in desu warfare and I’m the top desu in the entire US armed desu. You are nothing to me but just another desu. I will desu you the fuck out with desu the likes of which has never been seen before on this desu, mark my fucking desu. You think you can get away with saying that desu to me over the desu? Think again, desu. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of desu across the USA and your desu is being traced right now so you better prepare for the spam, maggot. The spam that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your desu. You’re fucking desu, kid. I can be desu, desu, and I can desu you in over desu ways, and that’s just with my bare desu. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed desu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Desu and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable desu off the face of the desu, you little desu. If only you could have known what unholy desu your little “desu” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking desu. But you desu, you desu, and now you’re desu, you goddamn desu. I will shit desu all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking desu, kiddo.

on another note, what "background"?
Anata wa nihon of sunde imasuka? Anata wa boku no sensei desu?
tta

Post by tta »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Anata wa nihon of sunde imasuka? Anata wa boku no sensei desu?

Haha! Nakute mo chikaku no akachan!
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Chicken strips?
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Let's not start that again
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

awww
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
tta

Post by tta »

Mā, watashi wa korera no" niwatori no sutorippu `kiita koto ga nai... Sore wa ikutsu ka no kimyōna Amerika no tabemonodesu ka?
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Watashi wa baka-sama anata o aishiteimasu! Watashi no joseirashi-sa ni anata no otokorashi-sa o sōnyū shite kudasai!
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

OK but seriously you guys this topic is meant to be serious; go take your nonsense off-topic posts to pigflags.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Swords761 wrote:OK but seriously you guys this topic is meant to be serious; go take your nonsense off-topic posts to pigflags.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

'hey now Image dont say those bad things Image don't do thatImage lets keep it nice people
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

tta

Post by tta »

sebane-san started it. silly baka sebastian ! ! >:C
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Anyway, let's get back on topic! As, I think my first impression was a bit misguided, therefore I have been very interested in other peoples replies to the topic. It is more often that I get the best well-rounded dissection of a post whilst reading the related replies to it, if that makes sense :)
ethanciavo

Post by ethanciavo »

As edgy as papaya's posts may be, he does bring up a point. Sure we may all be impatient, but in a case like this we really need to gain momentum. I have barely seen any levels coming out, which is not a good thing. This community is going nowhere.