The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Uuh, Objection?

A place to talk about our community

yeah?

get rekt
No votes
get rekt
100%

Total votes: 4

tta

Uuh, Objection?

Post by tta »

The papaya thread (which has just been locked in lieu of tradition for papaya threads) contains a post from wowfunhappy in which he states that moderator issues should be kept as personal convos with the moderators themselves.

a post where somebody makes their (bad) argument and it backfires shouldn't make a thread get locked. that is debating. i thought you have been making change omb, and now i am disappointed. in order for change to take place there has to be a mental reevaluation of the site. you can't unban a few people and let them cuss and expect everything to be fixed. i actually thought there was kind of an unspoken agreement amongst us to make things the way they were supposed to be on the now-defunct forum Exosphir. the rules of said site stated that "arguing is allowed, debates are allowed, disagreements are allowed, personal attacks ARE NOT". that being said, electroyoshi's malicious remark on my comment was a personal attack and should not be tolerated, especially if he is making the remark about MY DEAD FRATHER t h a t . w a s . a . j o k e

and how are moderator problems going to be recognized as problems AND dealt with appropriately if they are one-on-one conversations with moderators? im pretty sure that's not how things work. a problem in our government isn't fixed when a citizen goes to the white house and tells the goverment men that it's a problem.

with wfh's move we have now stumbled back into the hole that we were so close to climbing out of. it gives us affirmation that we have made no intellectual progress as a community and that this is the same kindergarten forum we are used to it being

discuss this and keep it civilized

keep it 13+ so no bad opinions get in here

the only person you are allowed to berate is electr- wait nevermind electro isn't gonna be in here due to the above

thank you, and have a pleasant flight
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

Drama isn't something that should be avoided at all costs. Sometimes drama is the side effect of a necessary intervention.

OMB is in need of an intervention. If this thread isn't locked in ten minutes I'll elaborate.

Come on wowfun.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Wowfun is actually quite hilarious when he tries to avoid conflict.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:Wowfun is actually quite hilarious when he tries to avoid conflict.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

what happened god
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

See, there's a fine line between discouraging debate and not wanting it to get out if hand. Papaya threads don't get locked because of the "debate". They get locked because they turn into all out flame wars, which are neither intellectually stimulating nor practical.

I'm out in public right now, and I typed this from my phone. My phone doesn't like OMB for some reason, so I'll elaborate when I get home.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

it only turns into flame wars when nine year old's decide they're old enough to debate like big kids
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

A person made an incredibly stupid argument, and it was pointed out. How is that out of hand?
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
tta

Post by tta »

please stop using the word "flame war" when arguments become arguments

a flame war is when an argument turns into a barrage of insults and personal attacks and cock-size comparisions across both sides. if i said that you suck dick and you called my mom a prostitute, THEN that would be considered a flame war and the topic being locked would be justified
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

tta wrote:please stop using the word "flame war" when arguments become arguments

. if i said that you suck dick and you called my mom a prostitute, THEN that would be considered a flame war and the topic being locked would be justified
my mom is a prositute stop offensiaving me!!!!!!!!!! im 7
tta

Post by tta »

sorry it won't happen again dont tell the mods ill get b&
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

i hope u get baned!!! u r rude n mean an i am 7!!!!
tta

Post by tta »

dont tell your dad ill get banned from steam
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

im telling my dad!!! and my mom1!!!
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

This was like a serious thread at one point.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

its still serious but it has been responded too yet so i am relieving my boredom
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

also nice signature tta
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Why can't Wowfun or one of the mods leave a hilarious reply already?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Guys, I really don't want to walk down a similar path again. Constant joking on serious topics simply derails any actual progress that discussion may be causing. Please keep in mind the distinct difference between being allowed to curse and being inappropriate.

In the future, tta, dvchayz - please try to keep all jokes, first of, positive, and second away from distracting attention from the actual debate you want to have.

I don't think Wowfunhappy meant to silence legitimate discussion, rather when debating about another user, it is quite easy to overstep bounds. This doesn't mean there isn't a discussion to be had, but rather that it is something that should be carefully executed. I want people to feel free to voice their opinions, but not be targeted by others when they do so. Wowfun, if this feels miss guided from what you meant - please correct me!
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Of course he didn't mean to silence legitimate discussion.

But he did.