The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Omb, May I Have A Word With You?

A place to talk about our community
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Omb, May I Have A Word With You?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

OK, whether it's on the forum or Skype or whatever, you've probably heard me complaining about this at some point down the road, so I'm just gonna get right to the point. Over the past couple of weeks, shallow, meaningless, and generally pretty tacky posts have been something of a theme with certain users on this forum, and you don't have to go very far to find proof of that.
Spoiler
Uh...

OK, this wasn't really necessary.

Neither was this (Yes, I know it says pigflags, but it started off in OT)

OK, where does it end?

Seriously, where does it end???

WHAT IS THIS, I DON'T EVEN--
This is incredibly annoying and immature, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is being done about it. At all. I don't want to have to wade through this crap.

In other words, I'm leaving. That's all there really is to it. I'm not wasting one more second of my time on superficial, ridiculous, annoying, facepalm-inducing posts like these. Until something is actually done about this, I'm not visiting this forum for any other reason than to promote my levels in Design Workshop (And if this issue spreads to that board, I'm gone from there too).

Later guys.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
papaya

Post by papaya »

this is a personal attack on me and i will not stand for it

actually no wait this is a joke isnt it
cause all of the posts except my the first one are all in pigflags where serious discussion is not expected

and that post that was about freakboy's level was completely valid and I have no idea what you're trying to say by including it
like jeez what do you want me to do give a full review of it? Have you played the level? I've said all I can on it.

plus seriously why are you making a thread for this if it's clear nobody cares on this forum about anything
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

I haven't noticed at all. What's more, I haven't noticed anyone getting upset about them other than you.

About half of the posts referred to come down to nitpicking or personal preference, and the rest were either deleted it didn't cause any problems.

Frankly I see this thread as needlessly inciting controversy. If you're going to leave over this, then fine, bye. I personally don't like "leaving threads", but whatever.

Those are my 2 cents.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Some of above posts were a bit silly, but the ones that were silly were in pigflags. Plus we all know that the 4chan RP thread was started in OT, but it was then moved to pigflags for being too silly.
If you're having a problem with the moderation of the site, please PM either myself, phantomboy, nacho or seb.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
papaya

Post by papaya »

every single post listed was posted in pigflags with the exception of

which is, and im sure everyone would agree, a perfectly valid comment about a level.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

is pigflags supposed to maintain a level of serious now? better write down that on my list of ways to avoid being banned again.
tta

Post by tta »

this is how a forum works entity
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Oh no, now there is going to be all the drama again, and tta, Chayz, and papaya will be ban again

and then there will be more drama, leading into the second cold war of omb

then we will all fall into a state of depression and cheesy puns, and the forum will become slow and boring

then we will all feel bad about it and everyone will forgive eachother

thus completes the cycle.
tta

Post by tta »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:Oh no, now there is going to be all the drama again, and tta, Chayz, and papaya will be ban again

and then there will be more drama, leading into the second cold war of omb

then we will all fall into a state of depression and cheesy puns, and the forum will become slow and boring

then we will all feel bad about it and everyone will forgive eachother

thus completes the cycle.
>second cold war of omb

rabbid, i'm just gonna say it: you're fucking cool
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

I agree with Entity on this one. I haven't been posting as often because I feel that this forum isn't a mature community anymore.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

hey guys

he's not entity
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Gtarmetro wrote:I agree with Entity on this one. I haven't been posting as often because I feel that this forum isn't a mature community anymore.
tta wrote:this is how a forum works entity
Guys that was ElectroYoshi who posted that not me

EDIT: Darn u tll, ninja'd
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

I meant Entity. OMS has discussions too.
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
tta

Post by tta »

Gtarmetro wrote:I agree with Entity on this one. I haven't been posting as often because I feel that this forum isn't a mature community anymore.

that would imply that this community was mature in the first place
Spoiler
gaming forums aren't "mature" and they aren't supposed to be :3
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

Well this one was. And now it's being bulldozed on. :/
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
tta

Post by tta »

mature how?
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

Well everyone was nice and caring for one another. It was my paradise. Nowadays everyone is so hateful, just like other forums. The whole attitude of this site has changed from "Old Friends Meet Again" to "The Blue Meanie".
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
tta

Post by tta »

we have no reason to be nice, atmosphir is dead and the mods are all micro-managing hawks
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Electro, I am of course always willing to take suggestions. I do apologise if you are upset by what is or isn't being moderated, I am always improving and perhaps with jurisdiction - perhaps I've stepped off to much.

One of the things that I do want to state that I will be keeping an eye out for more often is blatantly insensitive terminology and outright sexual comments. I do want to apologise for backing off too much. Perhaps a possible resolve would be to continue revising the rules to eliminate ambiguity and have a clearer "abiding" and "not abiding" definition.

EDIT:
tta wrote:we have no reason to be nice, atmosphir is dead and the mods are all micro-managing hawks
That is a really pessimistic view to have. I am not upset over the moderation comment - but rather just that impression of the community. We are all essentially here because we cared enough about the community and game to spend time to create a community to still enjoy what we enjoyed. It's been a labour of love project for a community we all loved. I honestly don't know why someone would want to hang around if they didn't enjoy the others.
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

tta wrote:we have no reason to be nice, atmosphir is dead and the mods are all micro-managing hawks
Then you can live with your pessimism. That's how we differ. You see, my reason to be nice is so that I can look back at my sad little life and recognize that I'm a half decent person at heart. And plus, these are the best brothers I know. I love these people like they're my own family. They're my only kith and kin that know me really well.
Desk Assistant @ MTSU