The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Game Project! :3

A place to talk about our community
Htenneb

Game Project! :3

Post by Htenneb »

Mabye this is too much to ask for but I think we should develop our own game.
As in that I'm trying to say can you guys help me make a brawl game. Not those crappy ones...
One of the good special effects one.
Some of you are going back to school but I have had this for a LONG time.
And I have finally admitted to the fact that I can't do this alone...so plz help me.
And then we sell it... Make $$$.
And mabye we can buy the liscence for Atmosphir so we can advertise,
This is just an idea which can or can't change... So to the artists out there as in developers mostly.
See what you can make from this:

I think it should be a brawl, 2d game, with circle charachters like: O Head
0 0 0 Body
0 0 Feet
And for multiplayer mabye we can borrow Wowfunhappy's server(idk who owns it)
Just think about it. Anyone who can help....like Sebastian Lawe ,Nin(idk mabye) and others who can draw. Plz don't abandon this project. :3

-Htenneb
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

Htenneb wrote:Mabye this is too much to ask for but I think we should develop our own game.
We are... developing our own side projects. It's really a hassle keeping up with everyone on the team when only a few people are actually working (And I don't blame them; we have school and what not).

Now if you are going to want to start a project with OMB, I'd have very limited expectations, but if you really want to; go ahead. I don't see why not, I just wanted to forewarn you about the misconceptions that say that we are a perfect fantasy design team or something.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Yeah, I tried grouping together a dev team for making a game some months ago. Project died even with all the free time we had. For me, this is my last week of free time as I start college next week. 8 hours a day, remaining time of the day for college work. As it is, I'm hung up on another game project that I'm having trouble working on with a part time job.

I apologize for my inability to help.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

It really isn't that easy. I've worked with many dev teams and the only way I've seen them work is if A.You all have a extreme passion for that project B.You have some way to all keep in sync (i.e Skype, Unity3D). If both those requirements aren't met I can almost guarantee the project won't see the light of day and if it does it's nothing like you wanted it to be.

Another thing is that ideas get you next to nowhere if you don't have any skills what so ever. Everyone has the ideas to make awesome games but it's the execution that matters. Now you didn't specifically say you had no coding/art ability whatsoever but a lot of the people that make threads like this don't.

Good luck with that though.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I see everyone else has pretty much hit it on point, and I don't mean to rain on your parade, but it's true. I started dev'ing an atmosphir-like game with some users on this forum (http://onemoreblock.com/forum/threads/o ... n-hold.541) and it eventually died down with people becoming inactive within the group. Something that didn't help though was because we lacked a recent backup and we had basically a memory failure, a lot of the stuff we were working on was lost.

Another game dev team was started up on the forum and we started planning and coding a few things but that also died down quite quickly.

Of course this doesn't mean something like this can't be successful. By all means, if you want to go out and do something then please do. I encourage you to at least try and see what comes of it. A good project manager is needed, as well as capable members that can design, code and whatnot. A mistake I made while working on Aludra was bringing in a couple people that didn't bring in anything to the team, so make sure you select the right people, and don't just sign people up because you need someone.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

I have to say, as much as I would love to start up a new project; I've been working for a minecraft build team, and I also have a lot of architecture classes taking up my freetime. I would like to help, (speaking I've gotten a LOT better at not only 3D animation, but just game design in general.) 6 Months ago I tried to help with that Aludra project, but my inexperience rendered me useless, and thus, I quit.

To be honest, I've gotten SUPER interested in 2D fighters as of late and would LOVE to build one. (I've been playing so many 2D fighters lately, of all shapes and kinds...)

While I don't know any coding, I can easily help in animations/arts, and also I've learned a lot about game design in general. I'll be of as much use as I can.
zardini001
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by zardini001 »

I have developed my own game 2 years ago similar to Atmosphir, and then I got bored of developing it due to various bugs/glitches/mishaps (minor ones though that can easily be fixed). I have never released it, nor is it ready to be released. You could make levels, save levels, and load levels (no uploading yet). It had the ability for you to change to a Car mode (which I found awesome because the car physics were the best). I would love to go back to that project, but I am currently working on a different game. My goal was to make a great game very similar to Atmosphir, because me too I was devastated that Atmosphir died when it did.

If anyone is interested in my project, and would like to know more, Ill gladly inform you. I could make a private video for you all so you could see my progress, and we can go from there. If you would be interesting in even FUNDING the project, wow, god bless you.

If you would want to join me in my coding quest, PM me, and we could figure something out.

Long live Atmosphir.

-Zardini001
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

In other game dev news OTHER than atmosphir, the dev of a popular indie game called Sanicball has recently stopped developing the game. He has released the source code though, so perhaps we could get our own version of sanicball running?
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

we could call it...

ATMOBALL

oh wait
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Something I was aware of for a little while, but just hadn't crossed my mind to mention it. There is a independent little mini miniture project called Super Mario Bros X, which is a individual engine based on the Mario series, but the texture/sprites are, as far as I am aware, fully editable. It could be interesting to make a forum game based on it, with like original characters - maybe Cameron and Ashley