The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Inactivity

A place to talk about our community
papaya
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Inactivity

Post by papaya »

solution: unban the banned

its no secret that nobody cares about this site any more
why should they?
the most active thread is the count to 10000 one
when its reached that point, you KNOW something fucked up

i've been saying this time
and time
and time again
but nobody cares about atmosphir anymore. Nobody. So, you have two choices to stop this community from fading into obscurity

1. unban tll, tta and dv
they brought life to the forum and made it so you always had something to reply to - so *I* always had something to reply to. Someone to bounce off of. Someone to share my ideals. Someone to back me up. Someone who posted who wasnt Sebane, Street, Phantom, Entity or Electro (has anyone besides them posted recently?)

2. get your fucking arses into gear and get atmosphir working
or if you don't care about this game enough to do that, drop it. Drop the project. Officially.

and don't give me stuff about a skype because I've been part of it and it's as dead as this. I was also kicked pretty quickly. That might not have helped my opinion. Maybe you should readd me if its where all the OMB users hang out - am i not one of those?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Personally, while I understand this thread is a an opinion, I think dividing a magnitude of options down to two that you prefer is a bit narrow sighted.

TheLastLink, tta and Dvchayz are your friends, I understand that. You wanting them around makes sense. With that said, when several users planned on leaving because of their postings and many complaints were being submitted, I cannot call that an ideal forum.

In response to the second option, hobbies take time. OneMoreBlock, isn't a paying job to anyone - as such, it needs to take a back seat to peoples other obligations. Listen, I know that waiting is hard and you want a conclusive yes or no. However, projects, especially hobbies kind of exist in this interesting void of start and stop progress. While I am not personally behind any development, and cannot say anything conclusive on it's current progress, I am very thankful that the development team has devoted as much time as they have to Atmosphir.

So while I agree low activity is never fun, the community is a place I personally like. I enjoy the forums and I enjoy chatting with those who are one it. I think using definitives such as "dead" or "alive" are kind of too defined of terms to apply to a concept that I kind of fluid by nature.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Papaya, I'm getting really fed up with this crap. It's all well and good to complain about how the forum isn't active but just complaining about it isn't going to do anything. Every time you complain about this, you haven't made a single legitimate suggestion.

1) The mods did try unbanning those people and it didn't go well. It's not my place to discuss their reasons--I wasn't even present at the time, and you're welcome to reach out to them in a conversation--but the forum didn't suddenly become some super-active-fantastic community during their tenure here.

2) Since realistically the devs aren't going snap their fingers and suddenly make every feature of the server work 100%, you're essentially saying they should drop the project. How the heck is dropping the project supposed to help reinvigorate the website?

The devs are working in their spare time out of passion. Just because not everything works 100% isn't a reason to drop the project. A lot of people are enjoying it a great deal. If you aren't, stop using it. If you have the knowledge/ability/time to contribute to development, I'm sure they'd welcome an extra hand, but if you can't, I don't see how you're in any position to dictate what they should and shouldn't do.

- - - - - - - - -

You know, just because a forum isn't getting new posts every hour of the day doesn't mean it's worthless. That's just how small forums are. I can point you to plenty of examples of forums that are plenty valuable but far less active than ours. There are other websites you can check in the meantime.

If you're not going to offer a legitimate suggestion then stop complaining. Last I checked, there are still quite a few community members other then you here which are enjoying the forums quite a bit. Not everyone necessarily posts every day because we have lives.

On the other hand, if you have a legitamate suggestion on how to improve the website, I'd like to hear it. It was only a month ago we retooled forum theme due to community input.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

papaya you should just give up if your mates got banned the second time.
papaya

Post by papaya »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Papaya, I'm getting really fed up with this crap. It's all well and good to complain about how the forum isn't active but just complaining about it isn't going to do anything. Every time you complain about this, you haven't made a single legitimate suggestion.

yes i did I made two

and you didn't even try to tell me why they were wrong so ???
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

papaya wrote:and you didn't even try to tell me why they were wrong so ???
Um, yes I did. Did you read beyond the first paragraph?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

papaya wrote:its no secret that nobody cares about this site any more
and this is where your entire argument fell apart

(besides the part where your argument couldn't stand up anyway)
papaya wrote:yes i did I made two

and you didn't even try to tell me why they were wrong so ???
and even if you had a legitimate argument you like totally ruined it there haha.

don't forget to make sure you have the last word!!! people like you always do.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
papaya

Post by papaya »

Wowfunhappy wrote: You know, just because a forum isn't getting new posts every hour of the day doesn't mean it's worthless. That's just how small forums are. I can point you to plenty of examples of forums that are plenty valuable but far less active than ours. There are other websites you can check in the meantime.

like what
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Personally, I am familiar with a few small forums, from the Utau forums to things like the portable console tech forums. However, despite any proof that can be argued and presented until days end, that really isn't necessary. This entire argument seems kind of redundant.

Papaya, for some reason you seem to think an official label needs to be put on things; Atmosphir is done, OMB is dead, etc.. That really doesn't accomplish much. Regardless if you are enjoying the forums or not, other people are. Even if that were just two people, what is the harm in that? Perhaps a bit extraneous for a conversation, but does that invalidate their enjoyment of it and further more what is even gained from trying to invalidate it. There is nothing to be gained by proving to them that what they are doing is misguided.

So, if you aren't happy with the forums, that is perfectly fine, that is your opinion. But please, stop assuming your opinion is the universal truth.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Phantomboy wrote:papaya: you're not having fun
omb: uh... yeah we are haha
papaya: no seriously you're not having fun
omb: haha we really are tho
papaya: no you just don't understand, what you're having is not fun
omb: *disregards blatant ignorance*
papaya

Post by papaya »

Phantomboy wrote:But please, stop assuming your opinion is the universal truth.
this guy right here
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

(This was posted for lack of a better meme)
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
papaya

Post by papaya »

i never called anyone a moron
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

papaya

Post by papaya »

ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Entity wrote:Image
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
negabandit86

Post by negabandit86 »

Well somebody's pissed over something.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

If you are serious in relating your motives to that image, Papaya, and your entire purpose is to foster cynicism and animosity. I must ask if you were dishonest when you said in the Voxelus conversation, that you wanted to return because you were simply enthusiastic and interested in Atmosphir and it's community?

I understand that I am on record a likely the one who takes the internet too seriously, which I am not blind to. I am also someone who feels it is always better to be respectful to those on the other side of the screen.
papaya

Post by papaya »

Entity wrote:Image
papaya

Post by papaya »

Phantomboy wrote:If you are serious in relating your motives to that image, Papaya, and your entire purpose is to foster cynicism and animosity. I must ask if you were dishonest when you said in the Voxelus conversation, that you wanted to return because you were simply enthusiastic and interested in Atmosphir and it's community?

I understand that I am on record a likely the one who takes the internet too seriously, which I am not blind to. I am also someone who feels it is always better to be respectful to those on the other side of the screen.
sorry i thought we were posting calvin and hobbes images now because this thread isn't going anywhere

i'll start a new thread hold on