The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Inactivity

A place to talk about our community
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

No, that is not the case. Please remember to stay on-topic when in threads. That includes via images and the text you post. Please do not create threads with the specific intention of garnering negative responses, discussion is best when you are open to opinions of all varieties and reflect that open-mindedness in your thread. Please divert off-topic posts to their respective threads.

When the thread owner themselves abandons desires to keep the thread on topic, then it is difficult to justify keeping it open. Please PM me if you have any issues with this action, and I will be happy to talk :)

[Thread Locked]
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

This forum has been going downward lately and there has been a lot of complaining but we can't lose hope... I'm not being ironic.

We need to think for a minute (don't get mad at me) but, WE NEED ADVERTISING, WE NEED TO LET THE REST OF THE WORLD KNOW THAT OMB EXISTS. This community is struggling and we know it.
Atmosphir development is slow but Nin is a working person so I can't blame him.

But c'mon guys we can do it.
No ideas how I can help at the moment but I'll come up with something.
Stop complaining, your just making it harder for us... Btw this community is hostile at time (just saying) and while I'm at it I'll just say that i've been removed from OMS (OneMoreSkype), by this man = Le Fox or A fennec so ugly you'll die... if you know him please lmk.

Crime doesn't pay CrimeSTOPPERS do.(just kidding) And please give a good reason why i've been kicked from OneMoreSkype.
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

I removed you from onemoreskype because I was removing all the users that barely use the chat or the forum, and considering this is your first post in months, that seems justified.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

But I love OMS it's just I don't have that much time on my hands. I've been to this camp for acting and havn't had much time to myself, just got back on Saturday and I've been very tired.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Eh, I got bored of this community a long time ago, and I only come back on this website to find that most recent posts were days ago.
That includes this thread. This was last discussed on last Wednesday? And with only two posts... Not bad.

Also Streetlights thanks for remembering that I existed and then getting me brutally slaughtered in the Skype group <3

WHY?
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Htenneb wrote:WE NEED ADVERTISING

Considering we're modifying a copyrighted game we didn't make, that might be a bit of an issue.

Also please don't spam caps [/minimod]

I guess OMS has become the chatroom of OMB.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

[quote="Baufritz"][/quote]
Yeah kind of, it is often times always running in the background for people. So many are more likely to quickly respond on it
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Never used the Skype group, but do you guys seriously still care?

Wow. You have much more devotion then I.

But seriously, things haven't panned out the way we hoped, the whole "wait the summer" thing hasn't been long enough, and lack of interest is just making TLL and Papaya's predictions come true. You guys are getting beaten by TLL and Papaya. Is that incentive enough?*

Unless we bring new people in, OMB will continue to die its current slow, painful death that was called by other, non-shortsighted users. Is there still hope? Possibly. But I fear the damage of lack of interest could be beyond repair.

*Of course they were right, was there ever any doubt? You are all idiots and thank you.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I won't argue, activity has been down greatly recently. Maybe it would be a good idea to reach out to some of those sites/blogs that showcase computer games. Perhaps that might help :)

In terms of predictions coming true. I am not vengefully trying to prove anyone wrong. I am just trying to help out around a site for people who have become friends to hang out and chat. I have the capacity of keeping in touch with many form members outside of OMB, but I always felt like the forums here were a good atmosphere for chatting.

If others disagree and I still want to chat with them, I can seek them out on the many other streams of the internet. We are all just here to have a good time, if others are no longer interested or want to do something else, I will not force them to stay. I think we are all just trying to enjoy ourselves, on whatever internet website that might be.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

All this whining is really starting to annoy me. If you want the forum to be more active, there's nothing wrong with that, but just complaining is gonna do absolutely nothing. If you want things to change on this forum, you have to actually articulate what you want (which, quite frankly, is an area where we as a community need to improve).

Game development takes long enough on its own, and in our case its actually even slower, because we have three devs (two of whom are teenagers, early 20s tops), AND they're basically modding an already-copyrighted game. They have to work around a ton of kinks because they don't have the source code. With all that in the mix, what do you expect? Do you really expect development to happen at the speed of light? Would you rather them just rush everything purely for the sake of getting things done? For a multitude of reasons, I'm gonna assume the answer to that last question is "No".

The harsh reality is, these small forums are not exactly famous for being overflowing with thousands and thousands and thousands of posts. The smaller the forum, the slower the activity. Yes, we need to advertise and attract new people, but that's something you do AFTER you get everything working, and whether you like it or not, we're not there yet.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

ElectroYoshi wrote:If you want things to change on this forum, you have to actually articulate what you want (which, quite frankly, is an area where we as a community need to improve).
And then you proceed to talk about how there's nothing we can do and we aren't in a position to change anything because we can't speed up the devs.

What exactly is there to ask for? Complaining won't change the devs speed, but it also doesn't change the fact that if they don't act fast this site doomed.

The only "action" we can take is to tough it out or leave. What hope do we have that the decline of activity won't overtake development time? And even if it doesn't, what hope to we have that advertising will work? Call me a pessimist, but this does kind of seem like a lost-lose situation.

I'm not quite up to just leaving OMB, or at least not yet. But in all honestly there just isn't much of a chance.
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

The thing is, slow activity isn't gonna kill a forum nevessarily. That's just how niche forums are. Selfscreens for example gets along just fine, but take one look at its forum and you'll see that it's significantly less active than this one. You're not necessarily going to see new posts from members or new updates from devs on a daily basis, because we have lives away from the screen to think about.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

This thread attracted so much attention.
We basically don't even have a topic anymore.
WHAT are we doing?
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

ElectroYoshi wrote:You're not necessarily going to see new posts from members or new updates from devs on a daily basis, because we have lives away from the screen to think about.

because we have lives away from the screen to think about.
Unlike the late Miniike here, we have things to do other than lie around and complain. We have irl friends, school to go to, jobs to arrive at. It's slow but not dying because of it. Besides, we have OMS and each other on Skype, Instagram, and I even text a few of the bros! Everything's fine!
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Gtarmetro wrote:Unlike the late Miniike here, we have things to do other than lie around and complain. We have irl friends, school to go to, jobs to arrive at. It's slow but not dying because of it. Besides, we have OMS and each other on Skype, Instagram, and I even text a few of the bros! Everything's fine!
Well, I wouldn't imply that Miniike is just sitting around complaining, that's a bit rude. I would say that there is nothing wrong with a slow site, plus that we are all around for the enjoyment of ourselves and others, if we ever happen upon another way to support the community that everyone prefers. We can jump to that. I am just happy having peeps around or at least a simply contact away, to chat with :)
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Actually, I am just sitting around complaining.

Kay I'm leaving this site forever, actually, and really, with a existent degree of finality. Bye. Seriously. I'm gone. This is like my last post. I'm never coming back, and we are never ever ever getting back together. I'm leaving. You'll all miss me. I'm going. I'm walking towards the door. My feet are making steps away. I am moving my legs. I am extending my arm to the knob. I am using my hands to grasp the knob. I am now turning the knob with my hand. I have now pulled the door back dramatically.

Is anyone still here?
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Miniike wrote: Is anyone still here?
Yes.

Bye, was nice having you.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Baufritz wrote:Yes.

Bye, was nice having you.
Thanks man.

OHCRAPIPOSTED

Well, I've fallen.
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

LOL welcome back
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

I cut some slack on my morning routine and now I come back and not a single post reply... nothing.
Srsly I know this not a blazing fire forum but 1 week and not a single post?
I don't want to hear about "you lives outside this". I have a life too you know and if I can make time you can also.