The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Hello There Guys...

A place to talk about our community
MREPETTO

Hello There Guys...

Post by MREPETTO »

Hello There!..

My name is Martin Repetto, A.k.a Praetorian from Atmosphir. I used to run Minor Studios, the creators of Atmosphir alongside a great friend Dave Werner, the master mind and creative director of the game.

The reason I am here is pretty simple, Halsey came back in full force, renewed and we've been assembling a team to create something new and go beyond what game makers are doing today.

Yes, we are back in business, I will be telling you more and all about it and in fact participating this awesome community in the creation of the new product, that we still have no clear idea of what it is.

What we know, it will leverage the work we did in Atmosphir, we will use a LOT of it. and it will use the Oculus Rift :D
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

And the forums go wild.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Thanks for letting us know what you guys are up to!
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Thank you so much for letting us know! I am very grateful to have you guys still so interested and to still be apart of this group :D

Thank you very much, Martin!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Welcome Martin, glad to have you back :)

Can't wait to get more news!
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Baufritz had recieved a message from halsey about this a few years ago and he said that the first announcement would have been made in early 2013.

ZeroSwordsMaster
Editorial Staff

Post by ZeroSwordsMaster »

the almighty mist has spoken
praise
papaya

Post by papaya »

forgive me for being a little skeptical, but could we have some sort of proof that this really is you?

also, I understand (through a brief google search) that you're now involved with the development of mobile games. Will this be the kind of game your new game will be or has Halsey got something different in mind?
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

StreetLights wrote:Baufritz had recieved a message from halsey about this a few years ago and he said that the first announcement would have been made in early 2013.

That was my 15-year-old me bothering him on Facebook, yes.
If it's broken, fix it.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Welcome to OMB! We've been kind of hoping for something similar for quite a long time.
Can't wait to know more about that mysterious project!

If you're going to reuse a lot of Atmosphir, can we suppose that it's something linked to UGC? :D

This is plain awesome!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

papaya wrote:forgive me for being a little skeptical, but could we have some sort of proof that this really is you?
He's the real deal :)

Spoke with him on Skype earlier.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

But the real question is:
Will NPCs finally be released?
papaya

Post by papaya »

alright thats comforting then

I'll be interested to see where this goes, though.
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

Do you still have access to the Atmosphir project files, Martin?
If it's broken, fix it.
MREPETTO

Post by MREPETTO »

Hey Papaya :) email me at [email protected] if you want to :)

Me and Max (old Minor Studios COO, known as Kotorna) were working until Nov 1st in Making Fun, a mobile and facebook games company. We left that company and we are starting to work on this actually this week!.

What we are currently doing:

Getting the team to familiarize with the Atmosphir SRC which is a big mess of code that was built by several people over the years.

Get a stand alone version of Atmosphir, error free, with no server, no MFP (the web platform) no nothing, a PC/mac executable that has everything unlocked and allow you to use the editor in full and save local drafts, such drafts should appear in the main menu (level browser) and should be playable.

Thats milestone 1.

Milestone 2 is: implement the Oculus SDK, and connect a game controller, enable default for first person and allow the game to be played (in play mode, not design mode) with the oculus rift and a controller.

We will be working 2 months or so on this tasks.

After this and if we see that what we have shows potential we will be thinking a new product that leverage the technology. Such a product is being though of at this point.

We should start another thread for this but we need to think of, names for the product (current candidate name is Voxelus, a name that I've registered long ago) we need to think what the game will be. Anyway, I would love to share ideas with you and get your feedback, ultimately we make games for the audience that plays them.

PS: I know Halsey came to this site a couple of times because I point him this way :)
Cheers,
MREPETTO

Post by MREPETTO »

Yes.. I have access to everything, I've backed up all I could back in the day.. Yesterday I was designing a level in Unity 4.6! :D which is btw MASSIVE good news, since Atmosphir was coded on 3.57f, we are catching up to the latest and greatest.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Might be a good idea to have a poke around in the atmosphir subforum as we do have a working version of atmosphir with a level browser and user accounts.

Edit (ninjad): Ah, you're updating it to unity 4, nevermind then.
papaya

Post by papaya »

ok well colour me excited

though one thing - when you say standalone version of Atmosphir, does that mean sharing levels will be a bit trickier?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

papaya wrote:though one thing - when you say standalone version of Atmosphir, does that mean sharing levels will be a bit trickier?

I'm also curious on how sharing will work. Martin? :P
MREPETTO

Post by MREPETTO »

its all up in the air for now..

we wont be releasing nor reviving Atmosphir btw... just leveraging the tech to pursue something new.