The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Voxelus Creator Beta Links

A place to talk about our community
MREPETTO

Voxelus Creator Beta Links

Post by MREPETTO »

Hey Guys,

Just in case

Voxelus Creator for Mac:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/579bbyudv829zu5/Voxelus%20Creator%20Beta%20v0.4.4.app.zip?dl=0
Voxelus Creator for Windows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt84is4w0ua8s ... s.zip?dl=0

The product is in Beta but at least you can download and start using the design tool, please send all the feedback you want with as much order as you can!
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

So Excited!! Thanks so much Martin :)
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Is it just me, or are the click zones for the buttons offset slightly? As in to click on a UI element, i have to click slightly above/right of it?
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
boberto

Post by boberto »

Just downloaded this, I'm so excited to start playing around! Thanks for this Martin!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Thanks for including a Mac version on there! Really appreciate it.

Since you said to send in feedback, here are my first impressions or first things I noticed while trying it out. Keep in mind I'm using the Mac version.
  • When scrolling things like the rulebook and the block selector with a scrollweel, the game view zooms in along with whatever content I'm trying to scroll. This got pretty annoying pretty quickly.
  • While on Vertex snapping mode, right clicking to delete placed blocks does not work.
  • Going through the different object categories (Blocks, Animals, Characters, etc) can get pretty annoying. First thing that came to mind would be to have a dropdown (or dropup) menu appear when clicking on the category name.
  • Clicking "Add New Light" does nothing. (EDIT: It fixed itself)
  • Textures for the cities in the "Buildings" category seem to be missing.
  • In-Game options for changing things like resolution and fullscreen mode would be appreciated.
  • After loading a level, the window for choosing which level to load stays open, requiring you to press cancel after loading.
  • Windows can't be moved/dragged around.
Other than that, things are looking pretty good! Love the amount of fine-tuning you can do in this in regards to object placement as opposed to Atmosphir. One thing I would like to see in Vox is to be able to see what grid level you're on. I kind of missed that from Atmos.

I didn't notice what streetlights said about the button click zones.

These things are probably things you're already aware of, but just wanted to pitch in.
Really wish we could Play Test our levels on PC though.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

90% of the editor breaks once the rotate view tool is used. None of the other tool options can be selected to get out of it either.
What can still be selected, are the placeable objects when this bug occurs.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:90% of the editor breaks once the rotate view tool is used. None of the other tool options can be selected to get out of it either.
Huh, I'm not getting that bug. However, while trying it out I noticed when that tool is selected and you select an object from the menu, the tool still seems as if you're using it but it's really the select tool. (The cursor and the toolbar still stay on the rotation tool)
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

This beta is (obviously) very buggy, do you think we should start an organized list, maybe a google doc or something of known bugs so we can send a sort of mass-bug list, rather than 500 emails with various degrees of overlap.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I have a question: how in-depth will the programming be? Will it be something like triggers along the lines of Atmosphir? Or will there be a scripting language like Lua?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
boberto

Post by boberto »

Lemon wrote:This beta is (obviously) very buggy, do you think we should start an organized list, maybe a google doc or something of known bugs so we can send a sort of mass-bug list, rather than 500 emails with various degrees of overlap.
I think that would be a great thing to do, hopefully Martin agrees.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

>tfw on vacation, can't download crap
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
MREPETTO

Post by MREPETTO »

Thanks for all the feedback, I am traveling but will dig into this.

PS: Layer indicator is there, was bugged and we hide it, but will appear soon.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I was thinking about making that spreadsheet thing you guys mentioned, but TTA beat me to it. He sent me this through steam, by the way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Please go ahead and post your feedback on that spreadsheet to keep things more organized as you guys said, and making it easier on the devs to go through the reported bugs. Keep in mind this is a public spreadsheet, so please be mature while editing ;)

If you have any ideas on how to make the spreadsheet better then by all means
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

bionicnacho wrote:I was thinking about making that spreadsheet thing you guys mentioned, but TTA beat me to it. He sent me this through steam, by the way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1prbZrGaEU65Cb8ZVHJy5w-M2sIvnCjMcyWgLZo1uQ9s/edit#gid=0

Please go ahead and post your feedback on that spreadsheet to keep things more organized as you guys said, and making it easier on the devs to go through the reported bugs. Keep in mind this is a public spreadsheet, so please be mature while editing ;)

If you have any ideas on how to make the spreadsheet better then by all means

Tha's awesome. I will try to remember posting my feedback there as well as on this thread.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

MREPETTO wrote:Thanks for all the feedback, I am traveling but will dig into this.

PS: Layer indicator is there, was bugged and we hide it, but will appear soon.
Will Voxelus have scripting, like Lua or something? Just curious.

Also, I tried to sign up with the username 'Entity' but it said I'd already created an account with that name. Can't remember the password though and there's no reset. Can you help a brother out? :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
RatedM+Films

Post by RatedM+Films »

Is there any possibility this will be coming to the Steam Vive? Or, is it too early to tell?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:90% of the editor breaks once the rotate view tool is used. None of the other tool options can be selected to get out of it either.
This is happening to me as well, unfortunately. Using a Windows 10 computer atm if it matters.

I can't seem to delete things either.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote: I can't seem to delete things either.
You can delete things if you switch to the grid object placement mode as opposed to the vertex snapping mode
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Wowfunhappy wrote:This is happening to me as well, unfortunately. Using a Windows 10 computer atm if it matters.

I can't seem to delete things either.
Same exact bug here. I think it's suffice to say that this bug is universal, regardless of platform. Simply don't use the tool! Use lthe middle mouse button to rotate. This method works flawlessly. Ignore the tool until the next update.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:Same exact bug here. I think it's suffice to say that this bug is universal, regardless of platform. Simply don't use the tool! Use lthe middle mouse button to rotate. This method works flawlessly. Ignore the tool until the next update.
Not quite universal- Not getting that issue on the Mac version. (The rotation thing, I mean. The no deletion thing I am getting.)