The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

So It's Almost The End...

Everything video game related
LordFinnagin

So It's Almost The End...

Post by LordFinnagin »

Of 2013.

And it's been a roller coaster for the gaming industry, everyone can agree that some pieces of "technology" were a complete waste of time and space.

However, there were some great games created. Now out of the entirety of 2013, what was the top 3 games in your opinion. I would love too see what people enjoy.

My personal favorites were:

1) The Last Of Us: The story really made me feel attached however, Joel is a big, fat, male genetalia, and the controls were pretty bad, but the characters were realistic (=_=), the expansiveness of the world, and the graphics were nice.

2) Hearthstone: My god damn Yu-Gi-Oh cards are dusting away, and I gave my Pokemon cards to my school (no idea) and now I am getting into a god damn card game again. I recently just got my Beta key, despite the fact that the closed beta is almost over, but the core mechanics and effects are spectacular.

3) Journey: If you do not know why... smh
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

1. DotA 2: Well, many will hate me, but hey! This game was part of half the gamers' childhoods, back on Warcraft III. Even though it was in a almost-open-invite-beta for over a year, it's by far the most exciting launch, since it has incredible graphics, gameplay, and competes with the "mono-LoL-y". Other than a refresh on a long-awaited game, it's a game with great spread, since it's free.
  2. Don't Starve: Damn, this is a survival game. Creepy, awesome art, immersive sounds, and most importantly: the best gameplay ever. In this game, everything wants to kill you, and the only instruction is the game's title: Don't Starve... Extensive crafting and beautiful procedural terrains give this game an unlimited replay value.
  3. Covering a free game and a paid game, now let's present a web game! Jameson the Pilot! You are a space pilot and can become a pirate, a tradesman or a miner, by hunting other ships, docking on planets and mining asteroids. The game was made during the Ludum Dare #28 gamemaking competiton, and a sequel is right underway! You can play it here.
This was quite broad, and didn't focus on the AAA level of popularity/quality/whatever.
OkaySandwich

Post by OkaySandwich »

1. DotA- Everything Kroltan said
2. Gone Home- This game made me cry. Sweet milky tears of sadness. It really shows what can be done with video games. If you haven't played, go buy it now. It's about £5 on Steam at the moment. I won't say anything else about it, as it really should be played without knowing anything.
3. Sir, you are being hunted- Blends perfectly stealth and spine tingling fear, and a thoroughly british sense of humour.
4. FTL: Faster Than Light (Specifically the Infinite Space mod)- FTL is an astounding game in it's own right, but this mod improves on it in almost every way. Whilst it removes the storyline and tension in favour of an open world, it does provide a far better experience that suits the rouge like nature of the game extremely well
5. TF2- Whilst it's goodness years old now, I only seriously started playing it in January this year. Also hats. I like hats.
LordFinnagin

Post by LordFinnagin »

Awesome. I wanted it to be broad ;3

Mr. Sandwich seems to like indie games ;3
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Final Fantasy VII for PC - I've never played the original, but in Steam version, the game stands out very well.... yet I didn't complete it.

Tetris Battle (for Facebook) - enjoyable classic game with few additions such as ranks and customization.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: