The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Summer Minecraft Server Thread! (i Didn't Forget To Put Minecraft In The Title!!!)

Everything video game related
Flameforlife

Summer Minecraft Server Thread! (i Didn't Forget To Put Minecraft In The Title!!!)

Post by Flameforlife »

Since school will be out in two months (I KNOW IT'S A WHILE. I GET BORED.), I figured we could either start planning early, or maybe have the Minecraft Server open for spring break, like the first annual Port Pig Flag Easter Egg Hunt if we want, or make up for Thanksgiving and Christmas and what not. I do think we should do SOME form of a gathering (if possible) because we've never really done that. It's honestly my favorite server, it's just for friends and other strangers we don't really talk to or whatever. For the most part, we've known each other for a few years now, and it's nice to have something we can all do together besides from the forum.
THINGS WE CAN DO:
  1. Finish the freakin' pig statue. It's gonna look AWESOME! A symbol of our rule and whatnot.
  2. Finish the roads and the park. Why do we have a jail, anyway?
  3. Maybe build a lighthouse, or hotel. I know how to make a lighthouse, I'll just need the materials if anyone's willing to help.
  4. Build a dock, and maybe a beach. The whole "water scene" is just kind of blah. It needs a little something.
  5. Improve the spawn area. It's great, I won't lie, but we could do SO MUCH MORE!!! Maybe a town fountain, I know there's people on here who can do that. Make something cool.
  6. Have more gatherings. Now it's just a survival server, and we don't always do too much together. For videos, (This server is the PERFECT thing to record. People do like survival stuff. We could all come together and make a survival tips video. I'll be the idiot who doen't use them on screen!)
We could all do SO MUCH together to make this... cooler... or something. But really, let's get this thing back on track this summer. For all I care, let's build Cedar Point! It's time to revive Port Pig Flag!!!
Rabbidfan236
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

When do most people have their break? My break is almost over, but I'd still love it if server was back up.

I already made a lighthouse btw, and the docks are in progress. I made the jail, too, although I'm not so sure why.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:When do most people have their break? My break is almost over, but I'd still love it if server was back up.

I'm guessing you're referring to Spring break, right? Because if you are, I feel like spring breaks are too inconsistent to have the server up during them. Some haven't even had their break yet, whereas others (such as myself) have to go back to school as soon as Monday. I think this will probably have to be a summer thing.

On a more on-topic note, I dunno how active it would be, but I fully support the idea.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Yeah, I myself haven't had my spring-break yet, but I would definitely love having the server up at some point. Summer would probably be best, as stated in the original post. I believe wowfun has the old map laying around so we could continue it, but I remember there being a villager explosion because of a breeder there was at spawn (horrible idea, btw). I'm sure some clean-up could be done, though.

And hats off to you for not forgetting to put Minecraft in the title! It's an accomplishment! XD
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

bionicnacho wrote: And hats off to you for not forgetting to put Minecraft in the title! It's an accomplishment! XD
Yes. Yes, it is.

*Breaks into Hallelujah Chorus*
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

It'd probably be wise to boot up the server sometime in, say, mid-June if we decide to do this. "Last days of school" are not consistent from place to place either, so it'd have to be at a time when we know everyone's off for the summer.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Yes, I definitely agree - having a server up for some peeps to play around together would be great. I would honestly feel bad making Wowfunhappy pay in full for the months subscription that he would have to. Especially if he were busy and unable to join during that time. If I remember correctly, Streetlights was able to set one up not too long ago, I will ask him how he did that and what we would need to do to set that up again.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

My summer starts in June, should we just let that be the starting point, and go on when we get home? I'll only have exams, and really, the teachers care just about as much as the students as to what we do during that time.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I'm going to put the actual server back up when summer starts. I promise. I still have the world file and everything too.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I'm going to put the actual server back up when summer starts. I promise. I still have the world file and everything too.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Funnel

Post by Funnel »

I'd love to join in on the experience! Let me know when it comes up on my reddit account!
Funnel

Post by Funnel »

Man, I'd love to join in on the experience. Add me on skype: Plasticfunnel
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

I'd love to join!

Mah skype is piratemasteric, just tell me when it's up and I'll join ya :)
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

My summer starts about June ninth, how about you guys?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Mine starts on May 29th. *Braggy smile*
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

I have about 20 days of school left.

Not that matters, I play MC all the time.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

My last day of school was 2 days ago. *Braggy smile*
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Lucky bastards, school started this week for me.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wazi wrote:Lucky bastards, school started this week for me.
STARTED? Oh dear...
Guessing you mean after spring break, right?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

bionicnacho wrote:STARTED? Oh dear...
Guessing you mean after spring break, right?
Well, different school systems have different break patterns. Perhaps Wazi's break was over the ends of the year :)