The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Streetlights Rct3 Image Dumping Ground

Everything video game related
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Streetlights Rct3 Image Dumping Ground

Post by ThatOneFox »

Gonna post some of my RCT3 parks in here. Have fun.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, my gosh - messaging from my phone and this post is HUGE!!
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:Oh, my gosh - messaging from my phone and this post is HUGE!!

I'm messaging from my laptop and this post is STILL huge! xD

That's really cool though! I need to consider getting RCT3 one of these days...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Does it grade you based on the roller coaster?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Entity wrote:Does it grade you based on the roller coaster?
Nah, there's two modes. Career mode and sandbox mode. Career mode is where you have a limited budget and you have to complete challenges to move on. Sandbox mode is where you can just build what you want with unlimited budget. I also have a ton of mods installed so not everything seen in the screenies is actually in the game.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Ahhh good 'ol RCT3. It's been soo long since I've played it. I must download it again some time :P

I didn't know you could put mods on it!
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

RCT2 will always be best RCT.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Swords761 wrote:RCT2 will always be best RCT.

I disagree. RCT1 (with all expansion packs) is the best RCT for me. I don't like the fact that all levels in RCT2 are unlocked. THe fact that you had to beat levels to unlock newer, and harder levels were a big motivation for me in RCT1. Plus, in RCT1, you get mega park if you beat the game.

My best memories are with the first game.

By the way, OP, those are very nice looking coasters you built. Nice work. I have never built this well when it came to coasters.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

Nazmus wrote:I disagree. RCT1 (with all expansion packs) is the best RCT for me. I don't like the fact that all levels in RCT2 are unlocked. THe fact that you had to beat levels to unlock newer, and harder levels were a big motivation for me in RCT1. Plus, in RCT1, you get mega park if you beat the game.

My best memories are with the first game.

By the way, OP, those are very nice looking coasters you built. Nice work. I have never built this well when it came to coasters.
My memories are childhood ones so I don't remember unlocking everything and I don't remember what you get for accomplishing certain tasks. I also didn't ever customize rollercoasters cuz I was too young to do anything fancy, let alone the patience. What I do remember is RCT2 had a Scenario mode that I loved to use because I could fully customize the park itself with little hassle, rather than just the attractions/building locations.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

I prefer RCT3 for the modding community. There is so much stuff you can put into the game now its incredible!
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I keep meaning to buy RTC on GOG.com, but I can never decide which one to get and thus end up getting neither.

RTC1 is the one I played when I was little, so there's a nostalgia factor there. But RTC3 lets you actually "ride" the roller-coasters you build, which is awesome.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

You can't loose with either. Both RCT1 and RCT3 is excellent strategy game. They both offer you good challenge to run a park in particular scenarios and test your tycoon skills. RCT3 lets you get a bit off track by riding the rides. So when I played RCT1, I spent most of my time trying to complete the objective and a bit of time to make my park look pretty. RCT3, on the other hand, has so much stuff, like fireworks, riding the rides, hundreds of scenery items, I often forgot to focus on the scenario objective and ended up spending a tone of time riding the rides and making my park pretty.

But, I will say that after my "honeymoon" period with RCT3 was over, I did start focusing on the objectives. The career mode for both RCT1 & 3 is quite challenging and well implemented.

My recommendation is to go with RCT3. It has lots of scenarios, and a Sandbox mode, which the first two game lacks. Actually, RCT1 does have a sandbox mode, but you have to unlock it by winning the main career by unlicking about 25 or so levels and beating the objectives.

But I would recommend RCT3 because it is a great mix of creativity and strategy. It provides the best of both world. You can use it as a RollerCoaster simulator, strategy game, or a creative designer where you design your "dream" park. Of course, you can mix and match.

But I would also get RCT1 when it is on sale. I got it from GOG for only $2.00. So look out for these deals.

Oh and what about RCT2? Well, it's exactly like RCT1 but with more stuff to build and decorate your park with. It has new scenarios, but all of them are from the start unlocked (unlike in 1 and 8). RCT2 has no true sandbox mode. The soundtrack is the same as that from RCT1, with a few (3 or 4 maybe) additional music added.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

You know, I've never gotten into the roller-coaster simulators - but these screenshots actually look quite neat :)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

lol @ the people in those screenshots. We've certainly come a long way in 3D graphics.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

We certainly have! RCT3 was released in 2004, which makes it 10 years old. Time flies. Oh, I just remembered; you primarily use OSX, and RCT3 was ported to OSX in 2011 I believe. So, there's that going for it. If you want to play RCT on OSX natively, you can only do so using the third game. The first two are Windows only.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Meh, honestly it makes no difference to me. With an SSD, rebooting into my bootcamp partition takes so little time that it hardly matters if there's a native Mac version or not. When I have the choice, I usually get the Windows version of a game anyway, because gaming performance under Windows is just so far ahead of OS X. Not that performance would be an issue for Roller Coaster Tycoon, of course, but I'm just used to it at this point.

The exceptions are games that I play it short really short bursts, like Super Hexagon or Dance Dance Revolution.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I actually wasn't aware that RCT3 was ported natively to OSX. Thanks for that! I might get it soon then :P I can't really play windows games on my machine due to messing up the bootcamp partition I had and now it wont even let me reinstall windows from the BootCamp app on OSX. Bummer.
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

I still have my old copy of RCT2. I have a sudden desire to play it.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

New park! I'll put a spoiler on the post so it doesn't clog the page.
[WARNING, 37 IMAGES AHEAD]
Spoiler
Ride 1: Nightmare
Manufacturer: B&M
Type: Inverted
Inversions: 4

A view of the layout

First dropImage

A view of the coaster/terrain interaction.
I built this thing into a pit and then landscaped it so it looked more natural.

A view from the ground

Ride 2: Jungle Run
Manufacturer: Intamin
Type: Accelerator

Another terrain hugger.
This gives the ride a greater sense of speed.

Ascending the cobra rise
A bit of interaction with the rapids ride
Airtime!

A view from the ground

Ride 3: Aqua Affinity
Manufacturer: Intamin
Type: River Rapids ride

A rapids ride with multiple levels!
Yay interaction!
A view from above