The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Sequelitis - Zelda

Everything video game related
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I know this is an ancient thread, but I recently watched the whole video.

While I appreciate his exaggerated analytical approach and humor, it was just that: exaggerated. He blew things like the wait times hilariously out of proportion and pretended that they were the only part of the game that mattered. He completely disregards the fact that many people did and still do get invested in OOT's story (thin as it is, I really don't personally) by making these weird blanket statements about what "the player" wants. And when something happens that seems like he would enjoy it (like a payoff to the wait times) he completely skips over it. His conclusion was appropriately civil, but his method of giving his opinion made it seem more like a joke video then a real analysis.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I felt very similarly in a way to this, which I feel kind of bad about docking the video for-- but the specific execution of comedy in this video really distracts and weighs down the argument in which he was trying to make. This, in contrast to the silly voices or Skyward Sword character-thing, which didn't connect with me on a taste level, but were more of a style choice, the exaggerations on the other hand fundamentally change the way his points come across regardless of someones personal impression of the games mentioned.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I KNOW IT'S LATE BUT

MM REMAKE
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Yeah, I know it was in all good fun, but it almost came across as just plain bias.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I enjoy satire-based reviews in general, but you can only run so far with that before it comes off as more stupid than satirical.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Yeah, old thread, I know, I'm just going to leave this video here, because it's absolutely brilliant.
[media=youtube]fonijfodS_k[/media]
No, it's not a rebuttle to Arin's video, it simply uses it as a talking point. It's some of the best analysis of Zelda I've ever seen. The main draw here is that Shay acknowledges the contextualization of play, which Arin all but ignores.

And his other videos are pretty awesome too, if you were wondering.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

StreetLights wrote:Image
I think Arin is a really entertaining and generally smart guy.

But this seriously made me laugh.