The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Majora's Mask 3d

Everything video game related
Miniike

Majora's Mask 3d

Post by Miniike »

[media=youtube]uqp9fpMqhCo[/media]
I know I should be really excited and write an essay about my all-time favorite game getting a re-release, but all I can think right now is
Spoiler
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Ask anyone and they'll tell you that Majora's Mask is a game I REALLY dislike, but I actually might have to check this out when it hits. The 3DS version of Ocarina Of Time fixed quite a few things I didn't like about the original, so who knows? Maybe MM3D can turn this hater into a fan!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Electro, I legitimately thought that you had said turn this heater into a fan.. Which amused me quite a bit :P

Ah, the menacing series of Legend of Zelda, which I have always been confused on how to get into-- I've never played a single title and each one is either literally the best or worst thing depending on who you ask. So, perhaps if a 3DS ever crosses my path I might look into this title as that other 3DS game, the like flat painting Zelda title-- I forgot what it was exactly called, looked quite interesting as well! So, perhaps hand-held with be my introduction to the series!
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantom, I believe the game you're thinking of is A Link Between Worlds.

You make a pretty good point too. The great thing about remakes is that they increase ease-of-access, and allow a whole new generation to experience a great game. Hell, I'm not sure I ever would've gotten into Zelda had it not been for OOT3D.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

To be honest, the only thing they would really need to update for MM is the save system.

A new dungeon would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Out of curiosity, Miniike :D was Majora's Mask the game which got you into Legend of Zelda? I am always interested as to whom begun where as I originally had thoughts that most people would go and play from the first game onward, which now seems quite silly :P
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Phantomboy wrote:Out of curiosity, Miniike :D was Majora's Mask the game which got you into Legend of Zelda? I am always interested as to whom begun where as I originally had thoughts that most people would go and play from the first game onward, which now seems quite silly :P
Actually Twilight Princess was.

TP isn't a half-bad starting place, it's just that the opening is so slow.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Ah, I have no qualms about slower games-- I had half a mind to sort of record myself as a blind LP style thing getting into Zelda, because I have seen very very little gameplay of any Zelda game.. But I am not sure if that would end up being pretty boring for peeps on here to watch :P
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess were the first ones I played. OoT is probably the better of the two to get started with, because the story in TP takes way longer than it should to establish itself. They're both pretty good starting places though. I'd also suggest Wind Waker for that.
matthewbny

Post by matthewbny »

twilight princess was a challenge for me to complete, hell i never actually completed it actually. but i have played ocarina of time and that's way better than twilight princess. i just find twilight princess really clunky (even with the nunchuk if you have the wii version instead of the gc version)
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

matthewbny wrote:twilight princess was a challenge for me to complete, hell i never actually completed it actually. but i have played ocarina of time and that's way better than twilight princess. i just find twilight princess really clunky (even with the nunchuk if you have the wii version instead of the gc version)
Wait how.

I mean, we had different experiences obviously, but TP is by far one of the eaiest, most liner Zelda games, and Ocarina is one of the more challenging (though still not that hard).

Granted, the only Zelda games that really gave me a hard time were the orignal (WHERE DO I EVEN), Zelda 2 (FREAKING DARKNUTS), Link to the Past (WHERE DO I EVEN FREAKING) and Majora's Mask (I LOVE YOU SO MUCH STONE TOWER TEMPLE, BUT WHY).
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Phantomboy wrote:Electro, I legitimately thought that you had said turn this heater into a fan.. Which amused me quite a bit :P

Ah, the menacing series of Legend of Zelda, which I have always been confused on how to get into-- I've never played a single title and each one is either literally the best or worst thing depending on who you ask. So, perhaps if a 3DS ever crosses my path I might look into this title as that other 3DS game, the like flat painting Zelda title-- I forgot what it was exactly called, looked quite interesting as well! So, perhaps hand-held with be my introduction to the series!
Wind Waker is hands down my #1 favorite zelda game (and maybe even game in general) of all time. No contest.

A link between worlds (the new original 3ds zelda title) is also really enjoyable.

Ugh I love zelda.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by RetroBandit »

PHANTOMBOY!!!!!

WHY YOU NO PLAY ZELDA??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!??!!???!!?!?!?!?
I think I am flying?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

iam12not3man wrote:PHANTOMBOY!!!!!

WHY YOU NO PLAY ZELDA??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!??!!???!!?!?!?!?
Haha, well-- without turning this thread into "Phantomboy talks about video games in regards to LoZ" I'll be brief!

Uh, it just never really catch my attention enough to purchase it. Like, I recall school-kids playing it and I certainly saw the name mentioned a lot, but I was content being oblivious to it, haha, and that just kind of remained that way. I do hope to play it someday!

Anyway! Has anyone like pre-ordered it? Uhh-- I know that has a reputation to pre-order things. A question nonetheless :P
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by RetroBandit »

I have beat every single 3d zelda game other that majoras mask so I am defenentaly gonna by this one.
I think I am flying?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I have not preordered it... I'm a huge zelda fan, I just do not unfortunately have the money to support my cravings :-(

I've played every single one to some extent, just haven't beaten quite a few of them. And the ones I have beaten, I've beaten multiple times haha
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I've played every game execpt Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds and the Four Swords games. I've beaten the original, Link's Awakaning, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Wow I thought I was pretty informed on Zelda before typing that.

Speaking of Zelda:
[media=youtube]SECWlFInyFM[/media]
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

New year new me,
I pre-ordered MM3D.

The people at gamestop convinced me, they have a pretty nice policy. Despite being full price and having terrible deals, the people there are actually cool to talk to, and I thought what the heck. I need to beat this game anyway.