The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Voxelus Discusion Thread

Everything video game related
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by RetroBandit »

=== Merged Thread ===
Original title: Getting "Ready Player 1" Vibes From Voxelus

Think about it. The oasis and voxelus are virtual reality games with persistant worlds and player interaction. All we need is a school district in voxelus and world hunger will be solved.
:)
I think I am flying?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

iam12not3man wrote:Think about it. The oasis and voxelus are virtual reality games with persistant worlds and player interaction. All we need is a school district in voxelus and world hunger will be solved.
:)
Not sure what you're talking about, but merged with the Vox general discussion thread.
matthewbny
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by matthewbny »

bionicnacho wrote:Not sure what you're talking about, but merged with the Vox general discussion thread.
I'm thinking he's referring to hunger games??
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

I'm excited to see VR really picking up in the technology world. I can't wait for the future.
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

I'm referring to a book called ready player 1. Its about a virtual reality mmo called the oasis.
I think I am flying?
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Ohhh, you mean this book?

:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about.
So anyways, back to topic.

"Ready Player One" could be a inspiration to draw from for the devs. I for one would love to see a planet which is a giant museum with basement levels going down to the core, a real cash economy would also be a neat idea. The only other mmo that I can think of which has a real cash economy is entropia universe, but in that mmo you can't really do sandboxy things to the extent that you can do them in atmosphir or minecraft, and the game doesn't really have a flow to it. After the starting area you on your own unless you can find a mentor.

Another neat idea from "Ready Player One" would be a zork planet, with a million instances of zork on the surface so you can play zork in virtual reality!

Am I the only one who would think that would be cool?
I think I am flying?