The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Halo Master Chief Collection

Everything video game related
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Halo Master Chief Collection

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

So, I'm thinking I'm going to record myself playing through Halo CE - Halo 4 on legendary.

Problem is, I'm quite horrid at normal mode :D

Enjoy this test clip I did.
[media=youtube]HpJgz5sWnoM[/media]
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I actually really have found that I enjoy commentary-less playthroughs quite a bit, especially since it puts much more of the focus on the game itself.

I had a LOT of fun playing the Halo games throughout my life, it would be really neat to watch someone play through them. I would definitely recommend, if you die several times trying to get past one point, maybe edited it down to show the initial attempt, up to the first failure, short clips of each death and then the victory run. I'd imagine as difficulty picks up, the amount of deaths would become quite lengthy unless edited some how.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Phantomboy wrote:I actually really have found that I enjoy commentary-less playthroughs quite a bit, especially since it puts much more of the focus on the game itself.

I had a LOT of fun playing the Halo games throughout my life, it would be really neat to watch someone play through them. I would definitely recommend, if you die several times trying to get past one point, maybe edited it down to show the initial attempt, up to the first failure, short clips of each death and then the victory run. I'd imagine as difficulty picks up, the amount of deaths would become quite lengthy unless edited some how.

I'm thinking I might stream/record at the same time. Then, post edited down the edited down footage online.
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Verteran Mode is the way the game is meant to be played, even though I play on legendary.
Also you might want to do halo CE first.
I think I am flying?
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Heres the first episode!
[media=youtube]bbkUOd6or8M[/media]
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

This is kind of bizarre/funny to say but I forgot how cheesy silly the grunts voices and much of the early Halos were.

Also, at first I found it a bit odd that you had the microphone and webcam on for a video without commentary~ but is kind of a good way of gauging your focus and frustration. So it is kind of useful or at least a bit of an interesting thing :) Good job!