The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Arkham Knight Discussion.

Everything video game related
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Arkham Knight Discussion.

Post by ThatOneFox »

Surprise surprise. Arkham knight comes with a 30fps cap, that when unlocked, causes horrible framerate drops. It runs horribly on almost all systems apart from the highest tier ones. It is a terrible PC port.

NVIDIA Gameworks: The way it's meant to be refunded.

Remember when before games were reliant on the internet? Game devs knew that patching wasn't an option at the time, literally any 1998-2005 video game had to be perfect day 1 because they knew a huge majority of players would not have the internet speed to patch the game. Are we just expected to be given horse crap with sprinkles now? It's totally ok for companies activily lie about their products and give us pieces of crap, because hey, they might fix it later right?

Thank god for steam refunds.

Anyway that's my opinion on the game. Would love to hear yours.

Also
(actual game spoiler)
Spoiler
Press F to cremate the joker
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

[media=youtube]Z1ehMb8ItKs[/media]
As usual, Jim speaks for God.

(haven't actually played the game yet lul)
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Shit, I've spent last night recording this game at 60fps. Well, now I can record at 30fps and cut my rendering time in half.

Love game game thusfar however. Has run great on my end (Had a day one patch though, so maybe that made a difference?).
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

I don't care about frames as long as it is at least 30 fps. My other computer more than exseeds the requirements for this game. I bought the other ones on xbox 360 but if I dont pick up a xbox one this year. I will get this game on pc instead.
Also, am I the only one who liked arkham origins?
I think I am flying?
papaya

Post by papaya »

iam12not3man wrote:I don't care about frames as long as it is at least 30 fps
may i ask why
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Smoother framerate = more realistic, less chance of headaches + eye problems.
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Smoother framerate does not = realistic unless the unsmooth frame rate is under 30 or your using vr were 70 to 90 fps in the min

Also returning the game because of 30 fps wich can be edited in config is not a smart choice. You usually by a game for good gameplay. Graphics are just a selling point, but 30fps on a game that looks this good is not a deal breaker. 30fps is what the consles use on there versions and it looks just fine so stop complaining!
I think I am flying?
papaya

Post by papaya »

you can edit the cap in the config but it makes the game's fps ludicrously unstable
the devs/publisher themselves have come out and said that the 30fps lock is intentional for both min and recommended specs (and thus, increasing the fps cap leading to the game being unstable is not an issue they're going to fix).

also pcs arent consoles, most 'gaming rigs' are way better than any modern console (and the difference can only widen as the console generation goes on), they should (are!) able to handle more than 30fps. This game could look better than fine, its incredibly silly to limit a pc port to only what the consoles are capable of.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

papaya wrote:you can edit the cap in the config but it makes the game's fps ludicrously unstable
the devs/publisher themselves have come out and said that the 30fps lock is intentional for both min and recommended specs (and thus, increasing the fps cap leading to the game being unstable is not an issue they're going to fix).

also pcs arent consoles, most 'gaming rigs' are way better than any modern console (and the difference can only widen as the console generation goes on), they should (are!) able to handle more than 30fps. This game could look better than fine, its incredibly silly to limit a pc port to only what the consoles are capable of.
This.

Granted, I'm also complacent with 30fps. 60fps makes me quite motion sick in fast moving situations, but is undeniably smoother, and much better in other situations.
papaya

Post by papaya »

warner bros have just announced that they're going to stop selling arkham knight for pc (until its fixed I guess)
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:This.

Granted, I'm also complacent with 30fps. 60fps makes me quite motion sick in fast moving situations, but is undeniably smoother, and much better in other situations.

Do you get motion sick when you're driving a car irl at an undetectably high "frame-rate"?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

I don't like batman...
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Entity wrote:Do you get motion sick when you're driving a car irl at an undetectably high "frame-rate"?
Of course not. Theres varying changes in depth perception when it comes to driving a car. As well, try to compare moving you head side to side in real life as opposed to doing it in a game.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I mean some people do get car sick, I was just asking.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Entity wrote:I mean some people do get car sick, I was just asking.
Oh, I didn't know that was a thing for older people :/
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:This.

PC just might be the system for you.

If someone is wondering, you get motion sickness with high fps, because those are most likely not steady. The FPS will vary (especially in such a new title like The Witcher 3) much, and fluctuate. By setting a cap to your lowest framerate, it won't fluctuate, and you will have the same framerate all the time, thus creating no motion sickness.