The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Finaly Finished The Intro Of Bravely Default.

Everything video game related
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Finaly Finished The Intro Of Bravely Default.

Post by RetroBandit »

I played rpg's before and this is a very good addition to the 3ds library. But the intro is 4 1/2 HOURS. I heard there is 9 chapters plus the intro in this game. Well, I might as well get around to finishing a 100 hour rpg for the first time.

Btw this is the game cover art.

and this is a screen shot of in game.(not from me)

and another

and one more

I think I am flying?
ZeroSwordsMaster
Editorial Staff

Post by ZeroSwordsMaster »

I love the gameplay mechanics of this game. I don't own it, but my friend let me play it for a bit. The combat and character job system reminds me of the earlier FF games, and the "Default"ing is fun. Its so much fun doing the actions of like five turns at once.
papaya
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by papaya »

as someone whos only anime turn-based rpg has been fire emblem awakening (pokemon doesnt count) how fun and more importantly easy to understand is this game on a scale of 1 (being easy) to professional super smash brothers
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I downloaded the demo of this game and... yeah I'm hooked.

I didn't realize it was so long though... 100 hours? Really?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Papaya. I would say that you would fit in to this game since the the enemies are smarter than the average brutes and you have to use strategy to beat them.but I would still give it 2 chipped d-pads out of 10 in terms of eassyness to understand.(you use the d-pad A LOT IN THIS GAME Forget broken circle pads on smash, that is child's play.

I played the demo too after reading several reviews on the game giving it critical acclaim. The game really does shine when it comes to the bosses. It is also fully voiced acted in the full version, and the cast who did the voices were really well suited for this game.
The game was made by square enix and most rpgs like final fantasy and the elder scrolls usually have a 100 hours of gameplay or more, which is why they can get away with sometimes sub-par graphics. (You saw the fallout 4 trailer?, apparently people thought it looked bad for some reason. but if the world is a big as they claim it is. It would need like 4 disks if it was like arkham knight level of graphics. Man I miss multi disk console games, remember metal gear solid twin snakes?) and also the fact that rpgs have way more stuff to do then COD or any of the batman games, and at the same price as a standard game. The hour/dollar ratio is very high.
I think I am flying?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

iam12not3man wrote:I would still give it 2 chipped d-pads out of 10 in terms of eassyness to understand.

2/10 easiness or difficulty?
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

easiness to understand how to play.
The game it's self is actually quite hard.
I think I am flying?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

2/10 easiness to understand means it's really hard to understand, is that's what you're saying? :P
Bad At Gravity

Post by Bad At Gravity »

He's saying it's simple to understand, hard as Frack to actually play.
░█▀▀█ ─█▀▀█ ░█──░█ ░█▀▀█───
░█▄▄▀ ░█▄▄█ ░█░█░█ ░█▄▄▀───
░█─░█ ░█─░█ ░█▄▀▄█ ░█─░█───