The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Failsafe

Everything video game related
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Failsafe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Just recently found out about this game on Kickstarter. It looks amazing, and its only got 7 days left to be backed.

It looks like a mix between Mirrors Edge and Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time

Check it out!

Be sure to share your thoughts.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

I know this is an indie title and I know graphics is less important than gameplay...

But, I think animations are significantly more important than graphics quality. You can have super awful graphics but good animation that makes up for it. Unfortunately, all the actual gameplay I saw was... well kinda awkward. Indie-studio quality. Which is fine for minecraft, but for a game primarily about movement, the movement needs to be darn good.

And like... everything is just a flat color... Maybe that's the "look they were going for," but to me that look screams low-quality-indie-game-made-in-unity.

Even just a little color and some textures in the right places would go a long way.

EDIT: The comparison to Wind Waker is unfair, they had a team of professional artists and level designers being paid for their full time work. My point remains though.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by RetroBandit »

I wish there was a Zelda maker for the wii u where you can make a nes or snes style world with dungeons and stuff. I know there is zquest but that tool is kinda dead.
I think I am flying?