The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Project Cube World Discussion Thread

Everything video game related
nonic5

Project Cube World Discussion Thread

Post by nonic5 »

So, many of us know of Wollay's "Project Cube World," a MC/LoZ/WoW inspired game in it's semi-final stages of development. I personally believe this game will be a huge sucess. It's just 1 man making this, currently working on the website for the game before release.

So what do you think your favorite part of this game will be? I personally love multiplayer, but my main thing is that you can collect cubes to place on your equiptment to make it stronger, so essentially you could print a logo on your sword, or change it into a different looking weapon, etc.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

It looks super cool, but it worries me that the developer is still refusing to give any sort of release date or window. It's hard to get excited for something I have no idea when I'll actually see...
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Wowfunhappy wrote:It looks super cool, but it worries me that the developer is still refusing to give any sort of release date or window. It's hard to get excited for something I have no idea when I'll actually see...
True... But he says he just needs to add a website and some things like multiple character slots, a main menu, etc... So he seems like he should be done within.. 2-4 months, maybe longer.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I have yet to catch wind of this game but it looks really interesting. Ill point out the obvious, It looks like Spore, Minecraft and Voxelus.
Adz
Administrator

Post by Adz »

It looks pretty awesome, but the developer is perhaps a little TOO secretive about it...
brendiculous

Post by brendiculous »

As long as the developer isn't too infrequent with his posts (I see that one was just posted half a month ago), I wouldn't worry too much about getting a release date. As long as he's working on it, you know?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

But his posts are infrequent.

His most recent one, yes, was made on September 18th, about half a month ago.

However, the one before that was made on July 7th, almost two months earlier.

And the one before that? More than a month before his second-most recent, on May 31st.

From all the videos we've seen, yes, the game does look quite done. But the fact that there's only one update every month and a half makes me think that the game is quite a bit further from completion.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Wowfunhappy wrote:But his posts are infrequent.

His most recent one, yes, was made on September 18th, about half a month ago.

However, the one before that was made on July 7th, almost two months earlier.

And the one before that? More than a month before his second-most recent, on May 31st.

From all the videos we've seen, yes, the game does look quite done. But the fact that there's only one update every month and a half makes me think that the game is quite a bit further from completion.
I find an update every 2 months at a time is fne. Not to mention, he's busy making an official website.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

nonic5 wrote:Not to mention, he's busy making an official website.
Ah, that's encouraging.
brendiculous

Post by brendiculous »

I believe the word I was looking for was inconsistent. Even though his posts are relatively spaced, it's not like he's dropped off the face of the earth at any point, and as far as I can tell he hasn't expressed anything that might hint towards him not completing the project. He may not spend all of his time updating the world on his progress, but at least there's a consistent (not constant) flow of measurable improvement in the game over time.

Anyway, I think it looks really cool. Could be something I get into when/if it's released.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think the game is going to be finished at some point.

It's just hard to get excited for something when I don't have some idea of a time frame. The obvious exception was Voxelus, but... I'm not sure I even want to go there :P
Hollabyte

Post by Hollabyte »

Indeed, the game looks really cool, but I too would like to see an approximate release date. And if the game is good enough, we can perhaps make a server for it or something. :P
👋 I used to be known as Prototype 🙂 🤖
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Hollabit wrote:Indeed, the game looks really cool, but I too would like to see an approximate release date. And if the game is good enough, we can perhaps make a server for it or something. :P
I recall wowfun saying, "I will DEFIDENTLY be looking into making a server for it when it is released."
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Holy crap new update just now!
<3
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

He deserves big money. Half of his money should go to something charity (ex. Child's Play). Also, the game is likely to become critically acclaimed by critics but I can't afford it unfortunately.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

freekboy31 wrote:He deserves big money. Half of his money should go to something charity (ex. Child's Play). Also, the game is likely to become critically acclaimed by critics but I can't afford it unfortunately.
...you don't even, WE don't even, know the price yet. It could be 20$, which isn't too expensive.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Okay, whatever the price is, It probably depends on player's interest so you're right. And, I don't even have more money than most of you, guys. (My steam games are free-to-play or from free game promo or just a gift.)
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

freekboy31 wrote:Okay, whatever the price is, It probably depends on player's interest so you're right. And, I don't even have more money than most of you, guys. (My steam games are free-to-play or from free game promo or just a gift.)
Same goes for all of us ;)