The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Election 2012

Chat about anything
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

TheLastLink wrote:The purpose of the government is to protect the values stated in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Not to "protect the people".
The government should have no power whatsoever in the economy.
I agree to the point, but things didn't work out too well when the government had zero economic control. The laws of capitalism need to be upheld. If you think there is a large separation of wealth now, look up how things were around 1880 or so. Back then, like 10 people basically owned America. Everyone else was a factory laborer. We need some laws to regulate down monopolies and trusts, then have it stop there. Other than that, if a company works its way to the top, it belongs there. If you can become the most powerful corporation (by legal means), then you deserve to have such a title.

Btw, Obama won. I am not that sad about, I can put up with him for another four years. I would have loved to see someone else in the executive, but above all, I respect the opinions of the voters. Obama won fairly and I can only give him my congratulations.

What I am NOT happy about is my state election. I live in Massachusetts and we just elected Elizabeth Warren to Senate. >_>
Basically, an honest, hardworking man (Scott Brown) looses his job so that some insane, lying, corrupt woman could be in control. It is shameful. >_>
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

TheLastLink wrote:The purpose of the government is to protect the values stated in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Not to "protect the people".
*Ahem.

The values of which the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence uphold are to protect the people- as well as their rights by extension.

Minor correction there. Although, granted- both we, the people, and the government seem to have forgotten this mission statement over the past years....
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
MasterJBW

Post by MasterJBW »

Lemon wrote: What I am NOT happy about is my state election. I live in Massachusetts and we just elected Elizabeth Warren to Senate. >_>
Basically, an honest, hardworking man (Scott Brown) looses his job so that some insane, lying, corrupt woman could be in control. It is shameful. >_>
I know right? I was disappointed hearing this as well.
Miniike

Re:

Post by Miniike »

TheLastLink wrote:
Lemon wrote:Thing is, I am not a Republican, but I typically lean toward the Republican side of things, and am not really a big fan of any Health care reform, stimulus packages, or industry regulation. :P

I am a radical Darwinist....Sink or swim. The government should only have the power to regulate trusts and fight monopolies. And not much more. The federal government had their turn. And it didn't really work.
The purpose of the government is to protect the values stated in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Not to "protect the people".
tll is an ancap confirmed
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Rattle

Re: Re:

Post by Rattle »

Miniike wrote:
TheLastLink wrote:
Lemon wrote:Thing is, I am not a Republican, but I typically lean toward the Republican side of things, and am not really a big fan of any Health care reform, stimulus packages, or industry regulation. :P

I am a radical Darwinist....Sink or swim. The government should only have the power to regulate trusts and fight monopolies. And not much more. The federal government had their turn. And it didn't really work.
The purpose of the government is to protect the values stated in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Not to "protect the people".
tll is an ancap confirmed
wtf??? fave CANCELLED
bennieDus
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Election 2012

Post by bennieDus »

Plz to keep all politics talk about the upcoming election in here please.

kthx.
byronagida
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Election 2012

Post by byronagida »

We have the General Election and then the Football World Cup, so it should be a fun few months providing you are interested in the UK General Election and football.

I was going to do a poll. Should it be "Who do you want to be Prime Minister" with the two candidates or three; or "Which party will you vote for?" with a list of all the parties?