The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

This Country Is Over.

Chat about anything
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

This Country Is Over.

Post by TheLastLink »

This is a COMPLETE DISASTER.
Barack Obama has been reelected.

That same man cost the lives of 300+ people including 5+ americans.
Obamacare, the big-government takeover of one sixth of the economy will now be the rule of the land. The deficit is going to balloon to $20 trillion, and he will spend another 900 billion on a SECOND stimulous. The list goes on.

This is a catastrophe.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

^^^
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Now although I doubt the country (United States) is ending as you title suggested, I cannot lie and say that we will not face hardships. The current world is not facing a good light right now- rather with President Obama or Governor Romney leading the U.S that wouldn't change. However, I completely respect your opinion of Obama not being the best person to lead (or in many instances, represent the United States) us, I cannot say that I agree with everything Obama says- I doubt anyone can. I simply wish the best for the United States and I hope that the United States has found a leader (rather republican or democratic) that keeps them as well as the rest of the world safe.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

The United States is only doomed if you let it be doomed.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Magmar wrote:The United States is only doomed if you let it be doomed.
What does that even mean?
Reap

Post by Reap »

TLL in your opinion you think Romney would have been a better choice?

I don't follow politics, to be honest, so I don't know which Candidate would have been the better choice. Though I know I strongly disagree with some of what Romney stands for. But like I said I don't know either candidate well. (are they even candidates anymore?) All I can think of though, is how if Obama was such a horrible President, how would Romney be able to come in and clean up the mess in just four years? I do tend to think Obama had a HUGE mess to try and clean up. I always feel that all this cleaning up from one President to another takes away from what they really wanted to do. And while they may have certain agendas and ideals they like to put in place, just like the rest of us, the real world tends to rear its ugly nasty head and throw everything for a loop.

I would really like to hear the arguments of the merits of both of them. Like proper examples of why one would have been or is the right choice. Would anyone care to enlighten me?

Just noticed there is a whole thread about the election. I'm not sure if what I am looking for is there or not. I will have to go and read it at another time.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

...but...
...in this thread, you said:
TheLastLink wrote:Which candidate do you support?

I personally support obama.
I'm confused :P
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Well, this is unfortunate. Isn't Obama the guy with the blue and white cap and the Yo-yo?
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I'm glad Obama was reelected, he is not great but in my opinion a lots better then Romney.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Honestly, while things may look grim at times- I can easily prove this argument invalid.

Observe my scant remembrance of a past US History lesson I was once taught by a well-read professor...:

George Washington's term as president was extremely similar to that of his (first name only) namesake George Bush (the second mind you). One of the key differences was that while GW was surrounded by a brilliant group of thinkers who disagreed with one another, GB was surrounded by (mainly) similar minded individuals. The gist of this is that GW had a conscious in Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton- who constantly disagreed, respectfully of course, on many matters (the Hamilton's Plan chief among them). GB on the other hand, was surrounded by entirely like minded folks his second term, and thus had no single person to call foul on what could have been 'possible' erroneous mistakes, etc. Now, flash forward to Barack Obama's second term, where he has similar setting to what both GW and Thomas Jefferson inherited- to no fault of GB's, for the most part. With the details of the ever-present Dec. 31st fiscal cliff date approaching, the end of the world before that on the 21st, and the Bush tax cuts being washed away- things are sure to be in prime crisis mode- just as they were so many long years ago after the US Constitution was created and GW sat the presidential seat of America for a few years. GW approached this crisis with a cool, calm, and collected manner- with the backing and support of his different minded cabinet of demigods. We have, as of yet, no idea as to how President Obama will approach the probable crisis that is known as the fiscal cliff, and the aftermath of taxes inevitably rising again for the rich, middle class, and poor alike. How will he approach it? How will Congress finally come to a consensus? How many people will lose their jobs (in the Congress mainly)? Only time can tell, but the correlations are both promising and scary. Time and history is malleable, and biased of course- so we shall see indeed... Of course, seeing as the world is due to end the 21st (before Christmas, if you celebrate it- which is a shame to miss out on...) it looks like this is all speculation. Darn, and I'd really like to see how this could shape the future... ;-)

Oh well. Now the cat is out of the bag. President Obama's reelection doesn't necessarily spell disaster for everyone. Things can always go either way, and hopefully this term will take a better and more experienced approach than the last...

My two cents have expired. Adieu.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

TLL, you supported obama like a few weeks ago?
Lysander789

Post by Lysander789 »

After it was announced that Obama won, I was frankly disappointed. Obama, in my opinion, is a weak president who has no idea how to lead our country.

-His "Stimulus Plan" about creating jobs spending more didn't work.
-He promises to help fix this country, but they are flat out lies.
-He was never in any business field. He was only a lawyer before hand, and lawyers are good persuaders; thus, he convinced the American people into his empty promises.
-And he failed to control the intense spending of the U.S. Government. The national debt is 16 TRILLION USD. That's a lot of debt.

So at the end of the day, I am disappointed that Obama won. Mitt Romney actually has experience since was apart of the business in his career. He would've done much better than our current president. Out of all of the dumb things Obama done, we still re-elected him. Four more years with that pinhead.
We need a change. We can make a change. We just gotta do it.
Newah

Post by Newah »

TLL is a chronic troll. :P He probably made this thread as a joke, and we're falling for it hook line and sinker.

Either that or the post he made a few weeks ago was trolling.
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

Newah wrote:He probably made this thread as a joke, and we're falling for it hook line and sinker.
And this is EXACTLY why we can't have nice things.

*Lemon points to the condition of America.*
Toa Lapaka

Post by Toa Lapaka »

Frankly, I don't know if Romney was the right choice, but I have no confidence in Obama.
As soon as is first term began, what did he do? He ran off to every other country claiming it as a "peace tour." He has made so many things a "top priority" that I'm beginning to think he has no plan of action at all. He has blatantly lied to save his own butt. He created Obama care which supports abortion while it was still a huge topic of debate, and he blamed Romney of being out of touch. The press seems to always be on his side, no matter what he does, so people have nothing to go on to make the right decision. I also find it interesting how he's finding time to golf, like he was reported doing during the oil crisis several times, when the country is in such poor state. And though I have never been a fan of guns, his new stance against them clearly violates the bill of rights.
I'm not saying Romney could have fixed everything, but I have doubt Obama will.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

I'm almost completely serious.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Newah wrote:TLL is a chronic troll. :P He probably made this thread as a joke, and we're falling for it hook line and sinker.

I'm almost completely serious.
Miniike

Re:

Post by Miniike »

Miniike wrote:Well, this is unfortunate. Isn't Obama the guy with the blue and white cap and the Yo-yo?
Bad politics, slightly okay joke.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Rattle

Re: Re:

Post by Rattle »

Miniike wrote:
Miniike wrote:Well, this is unfortunate. Isn't Obama the guy with the blue and white cap and the Yo-yo?
Bad politics, slightly okay joke.
wait i dont get it