The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Voxel.js - People Here Might Be Interested

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
redidas

Voxel.js - People Here Might Be Interested

Post by redidas »

Not sure if this is the right place, but has anyone else heard about Voxel.js? (http://voxeljs.com/)

I'm not involved in any way, and it isn't even a game yet but...

Its actually a Minecraft-like engine/server being built in Nodejs/Javascript. I bring this up because I know Voxelus was started up but is fizzling now, and there are people here that would like to learn to make games, or are currently working on building games as it is.

Voxel.js has some high-profile Node.js people behind it and is an open-source effort. It'd be cool if any of the talents here or from previous Atmosphir/Voxelus projects got involved, or tried building something with it.

I know nodejs and Javascript, but not game programming really. Maybe its time I learn :)

[Edited to clarify that I'm not involved with it]
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I think this would likely go into "Gaming Gossip" or "Technology Talk" but this is a very interesting project. Seems a little glitchy at the moment but very promising!
Thanks for bringing this up :)
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Gaming Gossip definitely.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

winningkill wrote:Gaming Gossip defiantly
definitely*
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Actually, I'm moving this to creative. Because it's a creative project he's working on.
Edit: Wait, what the heck was I thinking? I don't think I read what this actually was.
Uh, sorry for moving this again. It's in Technology Talk now :(

Also: Redidas is back! Awesome! Hi redidas!!!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Oermergerd, redidas?!

It's been like...two years! 0_o
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

Cool.
redidas

Post by redidas »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Actually, I'm moving this to creative. Because it's a creative project he's working on.
Just want to clarify - I'm not involved with this project in any way. Its just a cool project and has some smart people behind it.

It should be interesting to watch :)