The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

--tta's Official Upcoming Projects Megathread--

Working on a new level? Have Tutorials to share? Post your work in progress here!
Rattle

--tta's Official Upcoming Projects Megathread--

Post by Rattle »

This is just an all-in-one thread for all of the projects I'm working on, will update with screenshots later. No release dates are definite.

ALL of these projects are currently being worked on, so rest assured this isnt just a "maybe i'll do it maybe i'll don't" ideas thread. I don't plan on starting any new projects until I get most of this backlog of levels pushed out, many of which I began work on back in 2013.

The Bomb-tastic Isles!
Type: Deathmatch, Team deathmatch
Estimated time of release: February 27, 2016
Description: Multiplayer level that I've had sitting, mostly completed, in my drafts folder until multiplayer was working. I honestly never thought I'd be able to release it, but bionicnacho decided to do something good for once, so here it is (or rather, here it WILL be.)

It's a simple DM level consisting of a couple of platforms of land all within a few blocks of eachother, with the uppermost piece of land containing valuable combat elements, such as a supply of bombs and pushable interactives, a spring for traversing the level quicker, and a repurposed tree door that can act as both a barricade to hide behind, or a tower to shoot from. This mechanic is one that I assumed would play out interestingly in TDM scenarios, with teams fighting for dominance over the higher ground, then showering their rival team with attacks from above. It shouldn't play as unfairly as it sounds, though; reclaiming the base should be rather easy with some teamwork. I plan on having this be a series of levels, each one with different gameplay tweaks that can either make fighting in this arena more complicated or more 'fun', depending on the kind of person you are.

Oh, and there may or may not be a few secrets in this map. probably not, but feel free to look for them anyway ;)

Up There [tentative title]
Type: Single player, platforming, combat.
Estimated time of release: May 2016
Description: This project started as 'Weak Legs episode 2-2', but I made it a separate entity from my unfinished Weak Legs series as I feel that it is a departure from the gameplay of the previous entries, as well as a noticable step up in quality. On top of that, the series was a trainwreck to begin with; the first level was generally mediocre apart from some platforming sections. The second level had no clear direction, so I essentially hit a creative dead-end, and, not wanting to have to abandon 2/3 of the progress I had made in favor of starting from scratch, I gave up on it.

THIS level, however, is going to be p neat tbh.

trade_plaza_atmo
Type: Team deathmatch
Estimated time of release: April-June 2016
Description: Re-creation of the popular fanmade tf2 map 'trade_plaza'.

[MORE INFO SOON]
Miniike

Re: --tta's Official Upcoming Projects Megathread--

Post by Miniike »

>nothing related to somehow reviving the costanza lounge

i cri
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

Miniike wrote:>nothing related to somehow reviving the costanza lounge

i cri
where do you think we are?
papaya
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by papaya »

Rattle wrote:

i cri
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

papaya wrote:
Rattle wrote:

i cri
is the image i would have posted had i had it

ty once again fam
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

i MiSt'd all of you

i gave up on these like a month after making this post kek
xHappypie
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by xHappypie »

2 soon

-Gauntlet, 1985
Design Competitions Voted: 0

ttas Official Upcoming Projects Megathread

Post by Warnerengew »

some of the PopSci/Core entries are interesting. also some of the blogs. most are mentioned on core homepage. cant imagine too many people volunteering their projects here tbh. most wont even list a homepage.