The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

I Have An Idea That May Or Not Be Crappy

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Flameforlife

I Have An Idea That May Or Not Be Crappy

Post by Flameforlife »

Now, I DO know that we love being a small community and all, BUT, did anyone else enjoy having thousands of people on the Atmosforums? We were all so cool, and quite big, actually. Even though there where some hate videos about us, we were in some ways, even better than Minecraft, in my opinion anyways. Now, we all want to revive the game, right? We all want more people to play the game like in the glory days, right? Now, I understand that we only have two developers, but we NEED to get out there to hunt for players again. We NEED to get back on the market. Heck, if we need to once we've gotten enough players, charge them a few bucks for the game. Didn't hurt Minecraft. Won't hurt us. I don't know how many players we'd need, but this needs to happen to pay for the site (If we have to, I dunno what goes on over there). Maybe someone *Cough Cough DAVE-WOWFUN OR SOMEBODY Cough Cough* can start up the Atmosphir Youtube account. There's no point in starting a new one, we already have subscribers, so we'll pop up in whatever goes on in YouTube. I still watch our old videos, who knows how many other people have. We need more developers, two won't cut it. No offense, you're doing great, we just need more numbers. This is a risk, but it'd needed. Maybe we can contact a few old devs, or experienced Unity coders, to help us. Once we have a stable game, start up a new website under a new Atmosphir name. Post tons of videos featuring tutorials, famous levels, updates, and the famed Jumpstarts. Maybe Wowfun or a not to busy dude can do them THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. We've worked way to hard and to long to come back down to this where we started. Maybe we can release an, "Evolution of Atmosphir" episode. That channel needs to be started. I WILL make videos every weekend, if needed. I won't commentate, because I sound like a chipmunk compared to Eyce, but whatever. I've made a few, I just need better video maker and capturing softeware. I'm a pretty good writer, as of being fourteen years old, so I can make mini-movies to grow fame for the game. WE have exactly 876 subscribers. That is a lot more than the users on this site. Only make downloads for the game to TRUSTED DEVS if we go through with this, and once we get more people to spread the word, make a "Grand Un-Veiling" of the newest updates. Cars must be in the new server edition. Textures and icons MUST BE FINISHED. Multiplayer would be nice, but updates will come. Maybe custom servers, like Minecraft. Hey, we're older than Mojang, and cooler. So we are not copying. Or we can stick to the normal multiplayer levels. It wouldn't bring in any money, though. Re-boot the old website (AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE GET MY OLD AVATAR!!! IT WAS ME DANCING WITH A MUKA BOSS!!! Just kidding.), YouTube channel, and POST POST POST. This is needed, and we deserve this more than anything. Anymore suggestions to this, post below. This has all probably been mentioned, but this is where it needs to happen. EDIT: I read an old post by boberto on Minor, and he put it perfectly. "Atmosphir functioned almost perfectly whilst Dave Werner was the Creative Director of the Minor Studios team. The way Dave saw it, the game was a community-driven project where the love of the players was going to keep the game alive–and it did; it kept the game thriving on one of the greatest game communities one could find anywhere.
Now that Halsey Minor is closing his iron fist on the developers the community is being neglected and mistreated. The way I see it, and many others see it, without a community Atmosphir won’t get any new content. It may get new design content and new clothing for characters but without a thriving community there will be no new levels and no one online having fun in multiplayer. Atmosphir will become stagnant and the only levels to play will be reminders of what the game used to be and indicators of what the game could have (andshould have) become." http://www.ritger.com/blog/2012/01/atmosphir-is-dying/Thank you for listening.

~Percy1475

H-----|=========>

Or flame. My old outro though, nice touch, huh?
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

I completely agree, but let's just remember we can't actually mod the game because we don't have the complete original project, and Unity is very picky at recompiling partial code...
What we CAN do now, though, is get the server up for all aspects of the game, such as account creation, registration and uploading, as well as getting level cards back and fixing whatever is not syncing.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

We need to poke Nin with a stick...
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

StreetLights wrote:We need to poke Nin with a stick...
This.

Like kroltan said, modding the game is not exactly as easy as 1, 2, 3, because we don't have the whole original project. As far as I'm concerned, we should get everything up and running again before we go any further.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
SerPo

Post by SerPo »

Sadly, it isn't that easy to do.
Also, charging 'them a few bucks for the game', ueh, we might get problems with Mr Mi.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

SerPo wrote: Also, charging 'them a few bucks for the game', ueh, we might get problems with Mr Mi.
Oh yeah. I don't really like that dood. Does he just lie money or something? Maybe some other studio can buy the rights from him, if he wouldn't be such a... Yeah you get the point.
Newah

Post by Newah »

I was just thinking, would it be possible to create your own assets for the game? e.g new clothing and weapons for characters? You could theoretically charge for those, since they're original content.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

IF we had an asset server, no. Since it's original content for an unoriginal game. Even though we would be selling our content, it would still be vehiculated by Atmosphir, which is property of Mi (if he still cares).
Newah

Post by Newah »

Ah, well I thought it might not work. :P

Another thought-people make payed for Minecraft servers all the time. Could you perhaps put a fee on using the online servers if you got it running? The thing is, your not paying for the software, or any of the original designers content, you'd be paying for the right to log onto a server. (keep in mind I'm not to savvy in copyright laws and such)
RaDsTeR

Post by RaDsTeR »

Yeah...who's Nin?
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

He is the OMB user that started and did pretty much all the work on the server project until now.
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

We all wish that Minor Studios had released Atmosphir's Unity package before dying. At least then we (the Atmosphir community as a whole) could've figured something out. Sadly, we don't have that privilege.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Gtarmetro wrote:We all wish that Minor Studios had released Atmosphir's Unity package before dying. At least then we (the Atmosphir community as a whole) could've figured something out. Sadly, we don't have that privilege.
Indeed. It's sad, but obviously it wasn't possible, considering the way Atmo died...
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

To be honest, I'm just grateful we have a working version of the game that we can play and enjoy. :D

Nin's been working on accounts and the store and all that for awhile now. Hopefull he'll have something new to report about it soon.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.