The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Story Of How I Nearly Got Banned

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Newah

The Story Of How I Nearly Got Banned

Post by Newah »

Here's a little story I've never told anyone, but I thought might be entertaining to some of you to hear.

I actually recorded the entire thing on audio, so you can listen and I don't have to write it down.

http://audiour.com/playlist/ihgqiipb

Anyways, tell me if you had any similar experiences!
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I feel like such a bad person for laughing at that. xD
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

I can't listen at the moment so someone please tell me what happened in a short sentence.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Wazi wrote:I can't listen at the moment so someone please tell me what happened in a short sentence.

*Opens mouth*
*Sees the words "In a short sentence" at the end*
*Shuts up*
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Newah

Post by Newah »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I feel like such a bad person for laughing at that. xD
lol, makes me laugh on recalection as well, so don't feel bad.
Wazi wrote:I can't listen at the moment so someone please tell me what happened in a short sentence.

TL;DR: I halfway accidentally logged into the developer's version of the website, got found out, reported myself, nearly got banned by Adz.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Why do I remember this? Did I ever do this? Why do I remember this?
Gah, I seem to remember something or another involving this. I cannot recall details. Perhaps, I just remember the scandal in general - but I have this faint inclination of something.. I better keep my mouth shut.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Phantomboy wrote:Why do I remember this? Did I ever do this? Why do I remember this?
Gah, I seem to remember something or another involving this. I cannot recall details. Perhaps, I just remember the scandal in general - but I have this faint inclination of something.. I better keep my mouth shut.

Probably the scandal in general. There was a LOT of fingerpointing and fault to go around at that time. I remember the other developer, who's name escapes me right now, wanted to ban everyone involved. It was the hand of Dave that steadied the blow, as the story goes. But my story happened even after that whole thing happened, so you can imagine my terror.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Newah wrote:Probably the scandal in general. There was a LOT of fingerpointing and fault to go around at that time. I remember the other developer, who's name escapes me right now, wanted to ban everyone involved. It was the hand of Dave that steadied the blow, as the story goes. But my story happened even after that whole thing happened, so you can imagine my terror.
Ah, yeah - that is likely it.. I remember speaking with Telmac, t-talmac - I cannot recall the exact spelling but I remember been friends with him and speaking with him during the time that he visited the offices. So I may be mixing that memory with this one.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Phantomboy wrote:Ah, yeah - that is likely it.. I remember speaking with Telmac, t-talmac - I cannot recall the exact spelling but I remember been friends with him and speaking with him during the time that he visited the offices. So I may be mixing that memory with this one.

I can't remember the spelling either. Yeah, he visited the offices and took some pictures. A few of the pictures included the URL in the photograph. URL leaked, havoc broke loose.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

ehh.... it could be worse if I successfully visited [url]http://dev.-------.com/[/url] etc. but I haven't successfully intruded into one except being part of beta testing features on Atmosphir.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: