The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

My Best Songs

Share your creative endeavors
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

My Best Songs

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

So, I've made a full length album worth of electronic music between the start of October and now. My question to you guys is this, what are your favourites? Or in the case you hate all of it, what are my least worst songs?

Songs here.
I might do a Mixify based on what you guys tell me.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Paradise is probably my favourite, it has a really nice feeling in it! I'm not sure how else to describe it. Unfortunately my language kinda falls short when discussing music.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Phantomboy wrote:Paradise is probably my favourite, it has a really nice feeling in it! I'm not sure how else to describe it. Unfortunately my language kinda falls short when discussing music.
Music can't truly be described anyway. Music explains what words cannot after all!
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Okay, couple of areas for improvement.
- Try not to use the same sound repeatedly.
If it's a lead sound, then that's okay, but for example the "lolbass" file I sent you has been used very often and makes too many tracks sound the same. This also goes with the style of the track.
An example of this would be the difference between "I am Sinistar" and "Terminal Crusade"
- Drums could be more varied.
In a lot of my early tracks my drum loops were pretty uninteresting, and the samples I used were pretty crap. I strongly suggest instead of using a high hat on every 2nd beat, use a snare to get more of a "Kick snare kick snare" rhythm. You could then accent this with an additional hi-hat loop.
- If there's going to be a drop, build up to it.
In a lot of your tracks, the "drop" just happens with no buildup, leaving it sounding uneventful. Even if the drop isn't going to be violent like in "I am Sinistar", it still needs a buildup. In my remix of your track "Paradise" I build up to a drop, even though the drop isn't very heavy.

Because of this, I think "Fun" is definitely your best track. You don't repeat the same sound used in other tracks, and if you did you used it differently to other tracks. The mastering is pretty good, the melody is great. The pluck sound you use for the mid-sections sounds really nice with the drums.

Keep at it my friend. It took me 4 years to get to where I am now, and you're already ahead of me in terms of speed :P
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull: