The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

New Atmosphir Website?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Phantomboy wrote:Haha, probably not :P I've not heard that it was set up to automatically renew - last I spoke with Wowfun, I believe he said it ends sometime next year - although don't hold me to that.
Yeah he said the same thing but last I checked it expires on 2015...
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

bionicnacho wrote:Yeah he said the same thing but last I checked it expires on 2015...
'http://nooooooooooooooo.com/'
What!?
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

As for new website,this website is perfect only you need to do is:

Create leaderboards here
Create a store
Forgive me for my mistakes. I was a kiddie. But I'm not now.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

krishiv768 wrote:As for new website,this website is perfect only you need to do is:

Create leaderboards here
Create a store
Well, the current game doesn't even have leaderboards and a store :P
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

bionicnacho wrote:Well, the current game doesn't even have leaderboards and a store :P
But the atmosphir game links itself to its website and now atmosphir is linked in one more block which doesn't have store and atmosphir finds the page with the store but FAIL,and lo it needs online website store for in-game store.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

krishiv768 wrote:But the atmosphir game links itself to its website and now atmosphir is linked in one more block which doesn't have store and atmosphir finds the page with the store but FAIL,and lo it needs online website store for in-game store.
Technically, "yes", but not quite as you say. The Atmosphir client tries to connect to the server, not to the website. The server has a special top-secret page where the client sends messages to, such as (in a simplified manner :) "what are the first 10 top scores for level #09234092094?" or "what does user #8598 wear right now?" and the server anwers appropriately. The client doesn't go to the actual "website" and click on links like a user would do. However, these services (store and leaderboards) are not yet implemented, and are returning the equivalent of "there are no results" to the client, until we further learn what we should answer to the client. The website would just be another kind of "client", except it would also be a webpage people can browse. The site would ask the super top-secret server endpoint "what are the first 10 top scores for level #069609?" and put this in a nicely presentable webpage and give it to whoever wanted to see the leaderboard for level #069609.

Just explaining a bit the technical side of things.
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

kroltan wrote:Technically, "yes", but not quite as you say. The Atmosphir client tries to connect to the server, not to the website. The server has a special top-secret page where the client sends messages to, such as (in a simplified manner :) "what are the first 10 top scores for level #09234092094?" or "what does user #8598 wear right now?" and the server anwers appropriately. The client doesn't go to the actual "website" and click on links like a user would do. However, these services (store and leaderboards) are not yet implemented, and are returning the equivalent of "there are no results" to the client, until we further learn what we should answer to the client. The website would just be another kind of "client", except it would also be a webpage people can browse. The site would ask the super top-secret server endpoint "what are the first 10 top scores for level #069609?" and put this in a nicely presentable webpage and give it to whoever wanted to see the leaderboard for level #069609.

Just explaining a bit the technical side of things.
You explained it in loo....

......ng term
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, that actually make perfect since, Kroltan. I was guessing it might have worked something like that, do they way it asks or at least the set up of the code give any clues on how the answering end needs to function?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Phantomboy wrote:Oh, that actually make perfect since, Kroltan. I was guessing it might have worked something like that, do they way it asks or at least the set up of the code give any clues on how the answering end needs to function?
You basically read over the code on the Atmosphir source and figure out what it expects to receive from the server request. Then you would make changes to the server to handle that and respond accordingly.