The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

New Atmosphir Website?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
zznick5000zz

New Atmosphir Website?

Post by zznick5000zz »

Hey guys, I was thinking now since people can make their own accounts and we can upload levels again, should the community make a new Atmosphir website? Maybe we can start advertising and get new people to play?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

That was an original thought be the community, in fact a few people have made some sites here and there. However, we've thought that we should probably keep everyone together here on OneMoreBlock, as you tend to split the community up more and more as you create more sites.

So, recently we've been taking to editing OneMoreBlock to better facilitate Atmosphir :D So hopefully that is alright with everyone?
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

Well, I guess he means a real "site", not for community, but for level browsing, commenting (in the future), etc. It could have a "Community" link that simply points to the Atmosphir board.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Perhaps, I suppose you're right. I don't know how we would honestly display the level browser, that would take working with the custom servers database. Maybe at some point, that could be quite cool. Once we have the knowledge and technology I think to could be incorporated. It could even be just like a new home page to OneMoreBlock, with levels and etc like you said :D
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

In fact, I was just thinking about it these days and I believe it would be a feasible idea, not only to give a bit of polish to the Troposphir project, but also to accelerate access on new levels (since the launcher is soooo slow with the custom server).
If people agree, I'll try to talk with Nin or Nacho to set things up. Nin does a better job on the server backend, with all the neat secure access and etcetera, and I could work on the site. Since the people working on the project itself would support this, the database stuff would be at hand, basically for free.
zznick5000zz

Post by zznick5000zz »

kroltan wrote:In fact, I was just thinking about it these days and I believe it would be a feasible idea, not only to give a bit of polish to the Troposphir project, but also to accelerate access on new levels (since the launcher is soooo slow with the custom server).
If people agree, I'll try to talk with Nin or Nacho to set things up. Nin does a better job on the server backend, with all the neat secure access and etcetera, and I could work on the site. Since the people working on the project itself would support this, the database stuff would be at hand, basically for free.
That sounds great!
I really want mainly a forum dedicated to Atmosphir again so we can hold contests and stuff.
zznick5000zz

Post by zznick5000zz »

kroltan wrote:In fact, I was just thinking about it these days and I believe it would be a feasible idea, not only to give a bit of polish to the Troposphir project, but also to accelerate access on new levels (since the launcher is soooo slow with the custom server).
That sounds great!
I really want mainly a forum dedicated to Atmosphir again so we can hold contests and stuff.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

zznick5000zz wrote:That sounds great!
Well, we have made some changes to the way the forum is organized to be more suitable for hosting Atmosphir. New sections could be added as needed. I don't see why we would need to make an entire separate forum for this. You can see more of why and what was changed in this forum post here.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

bionicnacho wrote:Well, we have made some changes to the way the forum is organized to be more suitable for hosting Atmosphir. New sections could be added as needed. I don't see why we would need to make an entire separate forum for this. You can see more of why and what was changed in this forum post here.
+1 for this. I agree that we shouldn't shard the community even more (damn, there are still people active back in Voxelus).
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I'd support this idea if Wowfun weren't already paying for the OMB domain. If enough members from the old community migrate here at some point, maybe we could dedicate another site to the game. For the time being though, I think keeping it hosted on OMB would be the best thing to do.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

We should buy back the domain to atmosphir.com, and make some simple HTML/CSS site that hosts a download link, an about page, and a link to the forums.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I'd support this idea if Wowfun weren't already paying for the OMB domain. If enough members from the old community migrate here at some point, maybe we could dedicate another site to the game. For the time being though, I think keeping it hosted on OMB would be the best thing to do.
A domain is REALLY not a problem. The thing we don't want to happen is more fragmentation with the community. I guess if there are that many users it could be, but I would really really like us to stay on one forum. The site for the levels and stuff could just be integrated to this site. I don't see why it would be necessary to branch off into another site for this purpose.
Swords761 wrote:We should buy back the domain to atmosphir.com, and make some simple HTML/CSS site that hosts a download link, an about page, and a link to the forums.
Wowfun has been trying to buy it but it seems it's on an auto-renewal thing and it automatically registers the domain for Rohan, I think that's the name of the guy.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

bionicnacho wrote: Wowfun has been trying to buy it but it seems it's on an auto-renewal thing and it automatically registers the domain for Rohan, I think that's the name of the guy.
Damn... If we could just get this hypothetical site on OMB and just alias atmosphir.com to this, it would be epic. (also, Rohan is a lucky person for such an epic name)
Imagine every single old video of Atmosphir guaranteeing the possible user a chance to play this revived version... Would be pretty darn awesome.
LordFinnagin

Post by LordFinnagin »

Wow fun is amazing
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Wowfun has been trying to buy it but it seems it's on an auto-renewal thing and it automatically registers the domain for Rohan, I think that's the name of the guy.
Plan B; track down Rohan to the specific location and interrogate suspect until the domain is retrieved.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Wazi wrote:Plan B; track down Rohan to the specific location and interrogate suspect until the domain is retrieved.
Aggressively interrogate*
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wazi wrote:Plan B; track down Rohan to the specific location and interrogate suspect until the domain is retrieved.
...or you could send him a mean email.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

You know there's a really simple solution...
http://www.onemoreblock.com/atmosphir
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

bionicnacho wrote:...or you could send him a mean email.
Haha, probably not :P I've not heard that it was set up to automatically renew - last I spoke with Wowfun, I believe he said it ends sometime next year - although don't hold me to that.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

StreetLights wrote:You know there's a really simple solution...
http://www.onemoreblock.com/atmosphir
Yeah, this would be the place, the domain would just point there...
REMINDER: This is just all speculation. We probably need to get the rest of the server working before deviating on this.