The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Reload Problem

General discussion about Atmosphir.
12'sTheLimit

The Reload Problem

Post by 12'sTheLimit »

I'm new to One More Block but not to Atmosphir for those of you who are wondering about this "random new member".

Please understand that the following is not a demand, the word are written to get my point across.

This is not really a bug or issue so i decided to post it here:
The laser gun and bomb reload is extremely horrible for lots of level ideas and the ammo condition.
The ammo condition read how much ammo is in your reload ammo so you can't ever detect absolute 0 ammo. This messes up puzzle levels that use ammo that could have a re-try feature if the puzzle is failed with the given amount of ammo and re-spawns if you have 0 ammo. But, as I have stated above this is not possible because the game detect the reload ammo not the total ammo. Also, in bomb levels which use the bombs non-insta explode feature to have area in which projectiles are detected and you need fast-paced shooting skills and limited to 3 bombs per puzzle!
This is all because of reloading. This would be a great on-off feature but it is forced on, and therefore does more harm than good.

The point is can you please delete this "feature" or make it an option (I know it would probably be hard to program in) and if you can do either of these that would be great but I will not bring this up again if you cannot. (At least in the near future.)
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Hello, Welcome back :D

So, yeah I agree. I've had a few ideas that creating is next to impossible because of the mechanical ways that things are detected. If that were possible, which currently is unknown - it would be very cool. I could see more features like this being great additions to the game. I cannot say for sure what is or isn't possible, but I do know that Nin is working very heard at modifying the game.

So, fingers crossed :D
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

This COULD be something that gets changed but as far as modifying the game itself, it's not the focus right now. What's trying to be done is get Atmosphir working with the custom server the best possible and make everything that needs to work, work. After that happens (which may or may not take a long while) then I guess we could look in to changing some things with the actual game as far as gameplay elements and new additions. But even then, it'll be hard since we don't actually have access to the game's source files / unity project file.
12'sTheLimit

Post by 12'sTheLimit »

@All who post on the thread: Thank you for your input.
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

Also for reloading you could use player condition item,set the ammo to 0 and when you pick up all the bombs and waste them,the bombs respawn(not tried yet),is your puzzle an aiming puzzle or you have to move around?,if none of my tips work,send me your puzzle draft from atmosphir_data/atmosphir_data/drafts
Forgive me for my mistakes. I was a kiddie. But I'm not now.
12'sTheLimit

Post by 12'sTheLimit »

@krishiv768 I don't have a puzzle level for bombs I'm just saying that it is a problem for that type of level.

'http://onemoreblock.com/forum/index.php?members/krishiv768.1754/'
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

The only method is changing the gun itself manually via switching gun assets
Forgive me for my mistakes. I was a kiddie. But I'm not now.
12'sTheLimit

Post by 12'sTheLimit »

Really this thread needs no more input because of what bionicnacho said. So until the game is at a modifiable point this subject can be dropped. The discussion of puzzle levels should be on a different thread.
12'sTheLimit

Post by 12'sTheLimit »

Thank you for stop posting.