The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Streetlights Is Writing A Creepypasta!

Share your creative endeavors
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Streetlights Is Writing A Creepypasta!

Post by ThatOneFox »

Yeah, I'm writing a creepypasta! The story will be based around events that actually happened to me, but will not follow them 100% truthfully (to add fear to the story :3)
---------------------------------------------------
Okay, what I am about to tell you may or may not be paranormal related. I still don't know what really happened, but I will do my best to recall the events that happened and present them in an un-biased view.

I haven't always lived in the house I'm in currently. We moved here when I was 14 after previously living in a rough area of town. My old house was a terrace house on a rather hilly road near the very center of the rough area of town (in fact, a newspaper published an article on it being the worst street in town). Nothing really was odd about it from the outside, and for many years of my life nothing actually happened in there. Although it was a rough area, we had nice neighbours and it was a pretty nice house. Things didn't really kick off until just after christmas one year.

At christmas, the presents were usually put in large bags for us to open. We'd keep the gifts in the bag until we found a space for them elsewhere. This one christmas, I got a motion activated "Sully" from monsters inc. It would roar when it noticed movement to "Scare off" potential intruders. I know where you think this is going, the classic "Possessed doll" story right? Well no, not exactly. Every night, at 1am, on the dot, the toy would go off. There would be no-one there, and it would just go off on its own accord. This carried on for a couple of nights, and eventually I decided to put it back in the bag to stop it from going off. This fixed one problem. The next night, the toy didn't get set off, but instead the entire bag fell over, spaying its contents across the floor. Of course, the bag could have just fallen on its own accord, but I was terrified nonetheless. I stared at the bag for a while before finally dropping asleep.

Nothing else happened until roughly a month later, when suddenly I'd get this immense feeling of dread when going upstairs. It was completely irrational, but it was there. I couldn't go up on my own. Of course, my parents thought this was stupid as they for some reason didn't have the same feeling I did when ascending into the darkened upstairs corridor. The feeling seemed to get worse every time I'd go up there... This continued for many weeks. I did however feel safe in my own bedroom. It was like a sort of safe haven for me. I'd clamber to the top bunk and be safe from whatever invisible horror lurked below. From now on at night, I'd often hear sounds coming from below, but I usually dismissed them as the pipes cooling. One night though, I had a nightmare.

In my nightmare, I was asleep in my bed, when a pair of hands would reach from the wall and pull me in. In the wall, it was dark and I could hardly see anything. There was however, something else in the darkness. A shape of a body moving towards me. I woke up before I could see fully what it was. Of course, this could have been an ordinary nightmare, but there was one thing about it. It became a recurring nightmare. Often every week I'd have the same dream of being pulled into the wall. I'd keep having it until I finally turned 13. That's when things started to intensify.

Paranormal researchers say poltergeists attach themselves to teenagers. In fact some researchers believe that they could be dormant psychic abilities being awakened temporarily. (There's a pretty interesting article on the subject here: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/11/p ... lekinesis/ ). Nearly a month after my 13th birthday, one night, I heard sounds coming from the attic. It wasn't just the usual creek, but a loud, thundering sound as if someone were dragging furnature about in the attic. This lasted for about two minutes, and I could do nothing but lay there in a state of shock paralysis. I layed there most of the night, eventually falling asleep. Of course, the next morning I told my parents who disregarded it as a nightmare, but had a look of fear about their faces when I told them. Almost as if they had heard it as well, but wanted to keep me calm. I didn't mention it again.

After this event, I didn't feel safe in my room anymore. I didn't feel safe anywhere anymore. The nightmares returned and started to happen more frequently. Anything else physical didn't happen until one night when I was feeling pretty ill. I spent most of the night half-awake in a fever. I did fall asleep after a while though. What happened next I still haven't been able to decide whether it was real, or just a fever dream. I awoke to the bed shaking. I was asleep at the time but I could feel it, and as soon as my eyes opened, it stopped. Still in a state of fever, I was rather out of it, so didn't really take note. I closed my eyes again and faced the wall. That's when I heard a deep, demonic groan coming from just behind me. I don't remember anything else after that. I woke up the next morning confused as to what had happened, and terrified.

The remaining 6 months in the house were pretty normal, apart from one time where I could have sworn someone said my name when the house was empty. I don't know why it started in the first place, or why it stopped suddenly. After we moved, these events stopped completely, as did the nightmares. But that one night, when I had a fever, I still can't decide whether my experiences were just a dream, or my midnight terror, trying to pick me off when I was weak.
-------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading. Twas my first pasta, so I hope I didn't bore you rather than scare you. Now, this was actually based on events which happened to me. The real parts are the more distinct parts, for example the loud noise in the attic, my bed shaking, and the growl, were all real. Everything else is invented, as is most of the detail, as I can't remember much of it. Anyway, hoping to write more in the future!
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Whoa, that is very very believable - it make me wonder how much you bent from the truth. Great job, it was scary, but more importantly it was a realistic scare. Keep up the good work, friend!
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

2 lng 2 read
Forgive me for my mistakes. I was a kiddie. But I'm not now.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Phew, that's pretty creepy.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

That was very creepy, but at the same time it makes sense that something like this actually happened to you. Fantastic work!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Tomorrow, I shall begin my next story. Once again, it will be based on true events, but this time anything paranormal will be 100% invented, so I hope it lives up to my last one :3
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Wow that was phenomenal! I know I'm bumping a two week old thread, but I'd never seen this before somehow.

There wasn't ever like a direct confrontation or whatever with the thing, but then again who says there has to be? It was super creepy nontheless and I throughly enjoyed it!
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Entity wrote:Wow that was phenomenal! I know I'm bumping a two week old thread, but I'd never seen this before somehow.

There wasn't ever like a direct confrontation or whatever with the thing, but then again who says there has to be? It was super creepy nontheless and I throughly enjoyed it!
Thanks sir! Really appreciate it :D
totaldile

Post by totaldile »

Hmmm, this was good!
It didn't really scare me, but I did feel concerned for you.
But then again, I don't think much scares me anymore :L.
But yeah, I enjoyed reading that!