The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Store And Atmos: How Should It Work?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

bionicnacho wrote:I BELIVE this would be quite easy. The game has something that was added later on that gives people atmos when they finish a level, so the request to the server for that is there. You just need to, in that request, handle anything you would like to do when a user finishes a level. (This is what I think, idk if it's actually what goes on)
The game sends a message to the server when you beat a level (to keep track of your wins/losses), so we can just add that code in there.
Phantomboy wrote:Haha, the community is great about that :P but I mean, how complex is it actually to added atmos to an account or would the game automatically handle it when a player reaches a specific level or beats a specificity chosen level?
A users atmos is just a field in a database, so it'd be really easy to change manually. I assume we'll have some sort of simplified backend eventually. Depending on what we choose to do, I think it'll be a combination of the servers giving out atmos automatically, and manual atmo deposits (e.g. for design competitions).
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

That sounds awesome, but I guess it's not that easy to implement, or is it?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

When we can add Atmos to accounts easily:
  • User completes a level
  • User sends a level
  • Periodically (e.g. daily, weekly)
  • User levels up
  • User does anything in the game that requires a server call (e.g. clicking in a level card, or going to customisation)
We can also credit accounts manually by editing the DB.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

kroltan wrote:When we can add Atmos to accounts easily:
  • User completes a level
  • User sends a level
  • User levels up
  • User does anything in the game that requires a server call (e.g. clicking in a level card, or going to customisation)
In other words, basically everything that's been suggested so far haha :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

kroltan wrote:When we can add Atmos to accounts easily:
  • User completes a level
  • User sends a level
  • User levels up
And we should start off with the original amount of atmos you'd get when you first signed up originally. And we should have the Club Member stuff. That way (If you can), you can use the Club Car (or the Red, I like the red one better, and it's the Club's color), you can play every level, and have some awesome amour to use, and weapons. I do think you should still have to earn stuff for like guns, and stuff. But the other monthly gifts? Maybe we could give those out, too. Maybe like a side-prize to winning LOTD or LOTW and stuff like that. Guns and shields, masks and hats, those you should have to unlock. But shirts and stuff, maybe that could be free. Then again, this is coming from the worst Atmosphir player on the forums!
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

Gtarmetro wrote:If I was greedy, I would say to have the store open from the start; but I'm not greedy, and would like to actually work to outfit my character.

One solution is to award atmos for level plays in play integer amounts:
Step 1: Make a Level, Step 2: Publish the Level, Step 3: Get an 'X' amount of Plays, Step 4: Get Rewarded Atmos

Example:
JimBob makes a new level and publishes it to Atmosphir. After getting 10 plays, he receives a paycheck of 150 Atmos. Every 10 plays his level gets, he receives another 150 Atmos. Eventually, JimBob will get that ninja outfit he wanted.
I like it